Pretty confused....many months till cruise, price reduced, but ...

cacj

Booked directly with an NCL PCC earlier this year.

Our cruise doesn't happen until Dec. The final payment is due in September.

This week the price shows about 220 lower for the cabin, and I called PCC. She tells me that the price can be lowered but we will lose the OBC (an Amex promo and wave promo, I think)....she says the AMEX promo expired.

So, I am confused. I thought if the price goes lower before final payment due date, they can adjust it, and you can keep the original OBC....what do you guys do?

Should I call another NCL rep? Should I just suck it up? Transfer it to a willing TA?

Any thoughts are appreciated.

If the Amex promo is still currently going on, you should be able to keep the OBC and get the price reduction. I can not find the Amex promo anywhere on NCL's website.

When you get a price adjustment like the one you are asking for, you only qualify for any current promo's going on. So if the lower price is just a lower price with no OBC,etc, then you will lose any OBC you got for booking the cruise to begin with. If there is a current OBC promo, then you will lose your original OBC and get the current OBC promo.

they are in another world having not cruised on their cruise line they work for. So that is why REDIAL was invented. When you talk with one that is not too helpful, just say goodbye, hang up & hit redial. Even ask for a Supervisor and see how they change.

Good luck since a lower price is to give you a lower price and not play with OBC for booking the balcony months ago.

Without saying that the AMEX promotion is still valid or not, when you call and ask for the lower price, the rules for the lower price are the rules that you get if you are eligible for the lower price(sometimes it says new bookings only). So if it has lower OBC you only get the lower OBC. You don't get the lower price plus the higher OBC that was in effect when you got the higher price but of course if the rules for the new lower price has higher OBC you can get that too but you can't pick and choose from the rules for the old price and the new price. If of course the AMEX promotion is still in effect you can get what ever the NCL rules for that or the AMEX rules for that apply.

$100 on board credit? If the price reduction is more-who cares? Lose the on board credit and save the amount over $100.

You said $220 lower right? Do the math- that means you SAVE $120. Yes I would ask to speak to a supervisor and see if I could keep the on board credit-but even if they say no- I would go for the extra savings-credit or not.

Booked directly with an NCL PCC earlier this year.

Our cruise doesn't happen until Dec. The final payment is due in September.

This week the price shows about 220 lower for the cabin, and I called PCC. She tells me that the price can be lowered but we will lose the OBC (an Amex promo and wave promo, I think)....she says the AMEX promo expired.

So, I am confused. I thought if the price goes lower before final payment due date, they can adjust it, and you can keep the original OBC....what do you guys do?

Should I call another NCL rep? Should I just suck it up? Transfer it to a willing TA?

Any thoughts are appreciated.

I got a lower price twice after booking my cruise. Yes, I had to take the current promotion (OBC, etc) but since I saved enough on the cabin to offset the loss of (1/2) of my OBC then it was worth it. Just remember, if you ask for a change, you get the current promotion only and not what you had before.

Most OBC's are part of the total price.

For example, you might see a cabin being sold for $2,400 with a $300 OBC.

Then a new sale at $2,200 and a $100 OBC.

Then another sale at $2,100.

They all cost the same, but just a different package. If they take the $300 from package and apply to cabin with a lower price, it may not make sense for the business.

Archived