Bottled Water?

KyMack

Not yet, but when I emailed RCI about a suitable package for my DD who doesn't drink soda, they said to check back in the summer because they are thinking of introducing a juice or water package.....fingers crossed that they do!

So as far as I know not at the moment.....

Not yet, but when I emailed RCI about a suitable package for my DD who doesn't drink soda, they said to check back in the summer because they are thinking of introducing a juice or water package.....fingers crossed that they do!

So as far as I know not at the moment.....

That is encouraging that they are at least considering it. I think it would be a huge it. Maybe that's what they are afraid of though...and all the extra waste from the empty plastic bottles. Maybe that's what has been holding them back.

I know I read something on our recent cruise about "save up to 30% with our bottled water package". I didn't pay much attention since I don't drink bottled water but I believe on the Liberty they did have something.

There was a water package available on Independence last month and I picked up a flyer on it. Not sure if it is fleetwide yet and I was told it was fairly new on Independence. I think ours was the second sailing that it was offered.

The bottles are 1 liter bottles so they are twice the size of your "regular" bottle. The normal price per bottle is $3.50 (for comparison).

Here are the package prices:

8 bottles - $22.40 ($2.80 per bottle)

12 bottles - $31.50 ($2.63 per bottle)

16 bottles - $39.20 ($2.45 per bottle)

24 bottles - $54.60 ($2.28 per bottle)

15% gratuity will be added to each package.

I think a water deal is an exelent idea. It is a good way to make money, and it is important for the pax in the sun to drink water. If you dring a lot of water inbetween you manage more drinks in the evening, and you avoid thes dehyration pain in the head.

Everyone is happy.

And please stop comparing what bottled water cost in the stores at home...You are on a cruse and it shall cost money...FOR EVERYTHING

This will be our first cruise since both my wife and I lost a lot of weight and the first cruise we will not be buying the soda package for the same reason. i've barely accepted paying for bottled water as is, and definitey not at $3.50 a bottle the way I go through it. Perhaps I can buy a big drink container on the ship and keep refilling it in the Windjammer a lot? (trying not find one more thing to pack.)

I really don't remember, are their drinking fountains around public areas on the ships?

I hope that if they end up offering the bottled water package they do not turn around and say we cannot bring our own on board. :(

My thoughts exactly. I know DCL offers a water package, but it's expensive. I want to say $35 for a case of Evian, but I'm not positive. However, DCL still allows you to bring your own bottled water on. Hopefully RCI will as well.

I hope that if they end up offering the bottled water package they do not turn around and say we cannot bring our own on board. :(

This is what I was thinking as well!

We've been bringing our own, not a lot as we drink the water from the glasses in the dining room, just a few bottles for the cabin. If we run out, we just supplement with purchased bottles, maybe 2 or 3 each cruise.

Even though it's been almost 4 years now, I've still not gotten over the fact we can't bring our own wine aboard :mad: We gladly paid the corkage fee....they were still making $ off of us! RCI is about the only line that doesn't allow wine to be brought onboard by the pax and all they have available is swill or if it is a decent bottle, it's upwards of $50 per bottle.

OK, settling down now.

If the bottles in this package are indeed 1 ltr. bottles (twice the size of of those in the 24 packs at the store) then this isn't all that bad. The convenience factor alone, to me anyway, is worth the extra expense over bringing my own. But I do understand the concerns of those that do prefer to bring their own water and a possible future prohibition.

They had the above mentioned 1 liter bottles for sale. We thought they were very expensive and, although we drink alot of water at home, passed as much for the cost as for hauling a 1 liter bottle around. I suggest you buy a 1/2 liter bottle at the airport and take it with you on the ship, folling it as needed form the ships water. Don't forget the "dump-in" flavorings. P.S. The drinking water on the ship is bottle quality.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived