Moving over from Royal Caribbean!

J-Hawk

The bud man and the man dry humping his girl were two different people. :D

so the sneaky public fornicators on RC are all class, because they pipe like, "chauncey, dahling, pahleese paaahs the bubbleh?"

sweet. it happens everywhere.

I've seen them, not as classy as the RC suites IMO.

i do think suite for suite, RC had a better eye for interiors. they are not the final word in accommodation.

their inside staterooms still look like a camper. :D

Money has nothing to do with higher class I never said that, let me try to explain better.

Carnival - Notice many people with mullets and tshirts running around with 2 Budweiser in hand screaming "time to party biyatches"

Royal Caribbean - Noticed people in bars on ship with nice outfits, drinking and talking without screaming. Never once saw anyone dry humping their mate on the deck in front of kids. Could talk and communicate well with cooks. Never noticed any guys with hair as long as a girl screaming biyatches....

Just because you experienced this on your sailing does NOT make it typical for the line. Honestly, the one thing that has kept me from trying RCI is the holier-than-thou attitude towards those of us who sail Carnival. I've been insulted quite a few times by people I've met who tell me I "haven't sailed a real cruise line" or "I wasted my money on Carnival."

I've been on six Carnival cruises and I had an off sailing on one of them with an extremely rude bunch of people. It can happen at any time on any of the mass market lines. The rest of my cruises have been just like you describe the passengers on RCI. Please don't judge an entire group of thousands of people as low class because of a few rude people. It's unfair and insulting.

BTW - I am a well educated banker who was also raised with good southern manners. I also drink very little - our bar tab is rarely more than $50 or $75 for two of us for a week. I find that I am much more "typical" of the Carnival passenger than what you describe.

Just because you experienced this on your sailing does NOT make it typical for the line. Honestly, the one thing that has kept me from trying RCI is the holier-than-thou attitude towards those of us who sail Carnival. I've been insulted quite a few times by people I've met who tell me I "haven't sailed a real cruise line" or "I wasted my money on Carnival."

I've been on six Carnival cruises and I had an off sailing on one of them with an extremely rude bunch of people. It can happen at any time on any of the mass market lines. The rest of my cruises have been just like you describe the passengers on RCI. Please don't judge an entire group of thousands of people as low class because of a few rude people. It's unfair and insulting.

BTW - I am a well educated banker who was also raised with good southern manners. I also drink very little - our bar tab is rarely more than $50 or $75 for two of us for a week. I find that I am much more "typical" of the Carnival passenger than what you describe.

1. i am sure i will find that i am as well. i look forward to my daily umbrella drink. i do not look to stumble about - i have far too many nifty things to do at port that i cannot do if all of carnival is drinking their livers to a cirrhosis. the same goes for life in general. i never drink during a ski holiday. i think the last time i had a drink was in january? maybe december.

2. good southern manners are known out west as simply, good manners. i can understand sheer unadulturated enthusiasm (it is how we all get back home after a good snow - ski fever sets in), and i tend to mind my own business if someone lets out a whoop. it truly does not have to wreck my day, nor will it deter my engaging conversation with whomever i have met. i tip my skis to you, mr. good southern manners.

We have been on RC Liberty of the Seas and Carnival Sensation. Totally different class of ships but here are the pros and cons from my family.

5 - If you don't drink your going to be bored out of your mind on Carnival

i dont drink and i'm seldom bored on carnival. the ride back from cozumel on EOTS i was bored silly.

I never said it was typical, just saying what I noticed and experienced. I don't think RC is holier than tho I just think it's a better ship and company with more stuff to do. I found that people on both ships were nice. I just felt RC took care of ME better.... that's why I cruise on RC. I wanted to try Carnival and it is nice for some but just not for me. I'm glad you like Carnival and make your home there. =)

I do NOT judge the class of people by one or two people. I judge the class of people by what I see the most on each ship. I'm not saying these people are low life's or have problems, I'm just saying it was a difference like you would see in the trailer park or a nice $300,000 housing complex. Not trying to be rude but I don't have another way of explaining it. If you drive through town and a trailer park or a nice well to do neighborhood you see different people. Sure they may all be nice and easy to get along with, fun, etc but they are different in some areas.... that's all I was trying to say.

Also with you being a well to do banker that is great! You have a good education and great job. I on the other hand dropped out of school in the 10th grade, went in the military and run my own business. I'm not the sharpest branch on the tree by any means. I've been on the bottom of the world making $280 a week with a wife and two kids (hard to survive) I have also made much more in my own business so it is easier for me to see different views because I have been in the low income field and higher income field. I'm not judging anyone, simply saying after both cruises I enjoyed the RC cruise MUCH more and thought the company and the ship itself was much better.

I never said it was typical, just saying what I noticed and experienced. I don't think RC is holier than tho I just think it's a better ship and company with more stuff to do. I found that people on both ships were nice. I just felt RC took care of ME better.... that's why I cruise on RC. I wanted to try Carnival and it is nice for some but just not for me. I'm glad you like Carnival and make your home there. =)

I do NOT judge the class of people by one or two people. I judge the class of people by what I see the most on each ship. I'm not saying these people are low life's or have problems, I'm just saying it was a difference like you would see in the trailer park or a nice $300,000 housing complex. Not trying to be rude but I don't have another way of explaining it. If you drive through town and a trailer park or a nice well to do neighborhood you see different people. Sure they may all be nice and easy to get along with, fun, etc but they are different in some areas.... that's all I was trying to say.

Also with you being a well to do banker that is great! You have a good education and great job. I on the other hand dropped out of school in the 10th grade, went in the military and run my own business. I'm not the sharpest branch on the tree by any means. I've been on the bottom of the world making $280 a week with a wife and two kids (hard to survive) I have also made much more in my own business so it is easier for me to see different views because I have been in the low income field and higher income field. I'm not judging anyone, simply saying after both cruises I enjoyed the RC cruise MUCH more and thought the company and the ship itself was much better.

as i mentioned, i think you are wearing some interesting goggles when looking at your experiences. nothing happens out of context, and perhaps some of your life experiences are affecting what stimuli you CHOOSE to pay attention to. said another way, your reticular activating system is primed to justify to yourself that you are well beyond the days when you were financially struggling. therefore, you see some yahoos on one cruise line and decide to paint an entire people by that brush. your point of view is neither accurate or typical.

All the guys really liked the deli/hamburgers and hot dogs...food overall better...bigger cabins...drinks I thought were better.

However I like the bigger ships. Feel more motion on the smaller ships.

And I have to say I saw numerous people throwing cigarettes over the balcony railing on the Victory and never saw one on my two Mariner cruises. I know that is not a scientific study but something I noticed.

Price and the opportunity to be with certain people are drawing factors.

If I can get a good price on the Splendor may go to MR on her 2010.

Laura

We have been on RC Liberty of the Seas and Carnival Sensation. Totally different class of ships but here are the pros and cons from my family.

1 - You get what you pay for

2 - RC seems to have a higher class people

3 - Carnival offers more food but the food on RC is healthier. If the cooks on Carnival could understand you then you could have a healthy meal on Carnival. My problem was I can't get anything made without 14 tablespoons of oil or light mayonnaise on Carnival because the cooks simply don't understand.

4 - Suites on RC ships are better but more expensive

6 - Much more to do on RC class ships

7 - RC seems WAY more professional we felt like royalty on RC.

8 - Carnival is cheaper and seems to have lots of drunks and lower class people. Not trying to judge here just being honest.

9 - Wireless Internet in cabin is HORRIBLE on Carinval

10 - Check in and check out was VERY easy on Carnival and a pain in the bum on RC.

11 - Carnival likes to turn off the stabilizers on the ship, our ship was rocking 15 feet up and 15 feet down and got a ton of people sick. I could never feel the RC ship moving.

12 - We will never sail on Carnival again we simply didn't like it.

So to summarize...... if you want a cheap cruise that is still fun go Carnival. If you want to be treated like royalty and have an awesome time go with RC. Either one is fun it just depends on how much cash you spend and who you want to be around.

This is a joke right? You admit you've only sailed on the Sensation which only does three or four day cruises. Anyone who has ANY cruise knowledge realizes that there is very little comparison to be made between the shorter cruises and longer ones. But I also realize I'm probably wasting my breath trying to convince you otherwise...

If Carnival's so terrible, why are you hanging around this board with us "commoners", other than trying to stir trouble?

2 - RC seems to have a higher class people These "higher class" people are what turn me off from RCCL. Before I started dating DH, I sailed solo a few times. mostly on Carnival. The one time I sailed on RCCL, any time I mentioned that I had sailed on Carnival to my fellow passengers, they would comment about the low class people on Carnival. Well, that's just lovely. Talking down about people like that is hardly classy. I really did not see much difference in the crowd except that the age median was higher. I went back to Carnival, figuring that maybe I would go back when I was in a serious relationship, but I have yet to return. Maybe I will someday, but there are better deals elsewhere where I don't have to listen to people pat themselves on the back about how awesome they are because they sail on RCCL.

3 - Carnival offers more food but the food on RC is healthier. If the cooks on Carnival could understand you then you could have a healthy meal on Carnival. My problem was I can't get anything made without 14 tablespoons of oil or light mayonnaise on Carnival because the cooks simply don't understand.

I got healthier options on my last Carnival cruise.

5 - If you don't drink your going to be bored out of your mind on Carnival I am not a big drinker and had a blast on all of my cruises. You don't need to drink to have a good time.

Only difference I saw was that someone wiped my tray at the buffet and scooped the ice cream from me. I prefer the self-serve 24/7 ice cream on Carnival. By the way, how many perks and discounts are you getting for your post here. You sound like a Royal Champion.

8 - Carnival is cheaper and seems to have lots of drunks and lower class people. Not trying to judge here just being honest. Bot honest, and yes you are judging. I saw louder drunks on RCCL, very annoying during dinner. Can happen on any ship, any line.

11 - Carnival likes to turn off the stabilizers on the ship, our ship was rocking 15 feet up and 15 feet down and got a ton of people sick. I could never feel the RC ship moving.

I just read some reviews on the RCCl board about movement. Guess you never hit bad weather.

Hooray!!!!

So to summarize...... if you want a cheap cruise that is still fun go Carnival. If you want to be treated like royalty and have an awesome time go with RC. Either one is fun it just depends on how much cash you spend and who you want to be around.

I am still trying to figure out what this "treat like royalty" thing is.

For my upcoming trip I wanted to try another cruise line. I thought about giving RCCL another shot, but I just found that Princess seemed to offer more bang for the buck. I did enjoy RCCL, but it's some of their loyal fans that turn me off from sailing on their ships.

This is a joke right? You admit you've only sailed on the Sensation which only does three or four day cruises. Anyone who has ANY cruise knowledge realizes that there is very little comparison to be made between the shorter cruises and longer ones. But I also realize I'm probably wasting my breath trying to convince you otherwise...

If Carnival's so terrible, why are you hanging around this board with us "commoners", other than trying to stir trouble?

I'm writing a review of our cruise..... and seeing the Sensation just had a full renovation last month I think it was just fine for writing up on. I'm here to express my opinion just like you and everyone else.

I'm writing a review of our cruise..... and seeing the Sensation just had a full renovation last month I think it was just fine for writing up on. I'm here to express my opinion just like you and everyone else.

you know what my dad says about opinions? "opinions are like [bellybuttons]. everyone's got one." of course, he did not use the term bellybuttons - that is the censored version.

perhaps with revision, your class theory of cruise ships will go over better the second time. i know i shall be passing it on to family and friends, who will have a roar that carnival passengers, in your opinion, are trailer folk, given several could probably purchase several businesses multiple times over, yet are not presumptuous enough to lecture on class.

I am still trying to figure out what this "treat like royalty" thing is.

For my upcoming trip I wanted to try another cruise line. I thought about giving RCCL another shot, but I just found that Princess seemed to offer more bang for the buck. I did enjoy RCCL, but it's some of their loyal fans that turn me off from sailing on their ships.

Agreed. I haven't seemed to run into this with any other cruise line - just RCI. It's almost become a joke in our house - seems like anytime I end up in a conversation with someone about cruising - someone who is a "loyal royal" ends up insulting me and gets condescending when I truly think the lines are more similar than different. I love to talk cruising and both at land and on the sea I've run in to folks who have sailed RCI, Princess, HAL, Celebrity, NCL, and Disney. The only ones who have talked down to me and made rude comments were the RCI people. And I honestly have no idea why.

I will add to this that I am sure there are plenty of normal people out there sailing RCI as well as Carnival and I believe they both offer a good product. But like I said in an earlier post - I get tired of the holier-than-thou attitude from that seems to be common amongst the RCI crowd. I guess if I were on an RCI sailing with a bunch of people as described - mullets, drunken, etc., etc. - I would get a good laugh but realize that it was either a) a small percentage of the ship or b) I got unlucky and stuck with a less than desireable group on my particular sailing. Been there and done that once on Carnival. It would never, ever occur to me to make judgments about everyone who cruises the line, call them low class, come back and tell people it's like a trailer park. It's not only rude to judge - it's laughable as it's not like sailing RCI is some super luxury line. And frankly, it's offensive and I'm tired of hearing it. If that were the case, I certainly would not have kept going back to Carnival. I have no desire to spend my hard earned vacation with a bunch of poorly mannered drunks. I've got no problem with RCI, but for time and time again to hear people generalize that everyone on Carnival is "low class" or "trailer park" has turned me away from the line.

To be honest, it's people like you with your insulting, high-brow, belittling attitude that has made me NOT want to sail on RCCL, even though I'd love to try one of their beautiful ships. You're right when you say it's all a matter of what "kind of people" you want to spend your time with. If you're a sample of what a "high-class" person is, then I'll stick with Carnival.

And no, I don't live in a trailer park. But you're really insulting to those who do.

Add me to the list of RC ship jumpers. I booked with Carnival last night and am not looking back. I cruised once with Carnival years ago on the Fascination and did not like the ship and crew but had a good time anyways, I was on vacation. With what RC is charging I went shopping elsewhere and found a cruise that I liked on Carnival.

Add me to the list of RC ship jumpers. I booked with Carnival last night and am not looking back. I cruised once with Carnival years ago on the Fascination and did not like the ship and crew but had a good time anyways, I was on vacation. With what RC is charging I went shopping elsewhere and found a cruise that I liked on Carnival.

Hope you have a great time! I've sailed the Carnival Liberty twice - I think you'll find it very different from what you experienced years ago. :)

We have sailed RCCL 8 times, and Carnival 8 times. I really don't notice a difference in the passengers. As far as the ships go, I don't really care how they are decorated and how much time they spend cleaning the windows, what time the Rock wall or the flow rider opens. It may make a difference to some people who plan on spending their entire trip in their stateroom.:o

IMHO, its' not about the ship or the size of the stateroom, its the service and quality of food, and right now Carnival has the edge.

Trust me, there is nothing on RCCL worth paying an extra $200-$300 for on a same itenerary as a Carnival, or a Princess sailing.;)

Those of you that are skeptical about Carnival, keep wasting your hard earned dollars because you might get attacked by a mullet if you stay out past 10:00!!!:rolleyes:

popcorngal - Went to the last page on this thread & found you by accident. See you on the inletcam!!

janey829 - I found you by accident on the same page. Our Michigan thread is still going.

Gail

Im curious why those starting these threads sound like its a either or decision. Carnival OR RCL. Why choose only one cruiseline?

Whichever has the best deal is what I choose.

Thats just what I did. ;)

I had a 9 night Explorer booked at a rate of $4500 for an aft balcony. I got an aft wrap balcony on Liberty for $2800. Even with airfare, I am way ahead of the game.:D

2 - RC seems to have a higher class people

4 - Suites on RC ships are better but more expensive

6 - Much more to do on RC class ships

8 - Carnival is cheaper and seems to have lots of drunks and lower class people. Not trying to judge here just being honest.

9 - Wireless Internet in cabin is HORRIBLE on Carinval

10 - Check in and check out was VERY easy on Carnival and a pain in the bum on RC.

This list made me laugh out loud! Thanks Hamlet! :D

Number 11 was the most amusing to me. Yes, I'm absolutely sure that Carnival "likes to turn off the stabilizers", since everyone knows that seasick passengers clearly spend so much more money than happy ones do. ;)

Archived