Review: STAR 3/14 (*LONG*)

halos

Angel, condolences on the loss of your Gran'ma. It's always sad when someone close passes on.

I'll let Barb know when she returns from her Carnival Miracle cruise with DD (having left me behind like yesterday's newspaper :(). They deserved a break, so I don't mind.

Just me, the cat, and the 2 chihuahuas.

I'm glad that none of the CC'ers in our Dawn group are like the stiffs you met.

Give Bill a 'hi' from us.

Dan, the temporary bachelor.

Angel, condolences on the loss of your Gran'ma. It's always sad when someone close passes on.

I'll let Barb know when she returns from her Carnival Miracle cruise with DD (having left me behind like yesterday's newspaper :(). They deserved a break, so I don't mind.

Just me, the cat, and the 2 chihuahuas.

I'm glad that none of the CC'ers in our Dawn group are like the stiffs you met.

Give Bill a 'hi' from us.

Dan, the temporary bachelor.

Poor Dan!! LOL..no Miracle for you, eh?? Please tell Barb I said 'Hello' when she gets back!!

Keisha, this is the only picture I have of the terraced seating and fwiw I do know what you mean about Alaska. My DH and I just can't get ourselves to book it.

DSC00831.jpg

Halos- We were on the same cruise. In fact we were at the same martini tasting as I took the same pictures of the bottles. Oddly enough, my BIL had the same problem at the gin martini tasting, no food, 5 martinis, etc. I enjoy your pictures. In fact it would probably easier to get copies of all of your pictures as I'm not in any of the pictures taken with my camera. I'm finishing up my review and hope to have it posted this week. Unfortunately my job keeps getting in the way of finishing it as soon as I would like.

Halos- We were on the same cruise. In fact we were at the same martini tasting as I took the same pictures of the bottles. Oddly enough, my BIL had the same problem at the gin martini tasting, no food, 5 martinis, etc. I enjoy your pictures. In fact it would probably easier to get copies of all of your pictures as I'm not in any of the pictures taken with my camera. I'm finishing up my review and hope to have it posted this week. Unfortunately my job keeps getting in the way of finishing it as soon as I would like.

Were you at both martini tastings?? Were we sitting together??

(My mind is blurry on the first martini tasting, but I behaved myself for the second one :))

I was at both tastings. At the second one I was sitting at the bar with my niece who is 25 but looks 16. Were you the one asking the bartender to check her ID? What was great was that she would only drink about half of her samples so I ended up with her leftovers.

I was at both tastings. At the second one I was sitting at the bar with my niece who is 25 but looks 16. Were you the one asking the bartender to check her ID? What was great was that she would only drink about half of her samples so I ended up with her leftovers.

LOL...No! I would never do that!! :)

I did go up to the bar once to ask about the potato/vodka thing....I thought all vodka was made from potatoes but learned that they aren't.

Go figure... ;)

I was (both times) with my Mother-In-Law, who obviously can drink me under the table! :p

Did you enjoy the cruise?? I can't wait to read your review!! Get working!! :D

Halos - We too were at the M&G and your review was spot-on! Being new to CC, I didn't know what to expect, but I didn't expect all the complaining and attacks towards to crew. We just wanted to leave to enjoy the ship, but stayed through it all. I hope other M&Gs are much more enjoyable!

We weren't following you, but we were also on the sailboat in Puerto Vallerta with you. Sailing was new to my family and sailing back to shore was quite the adventure. Kudos goes out to Ernesto for keeping the bar open the whole time (except when he had to clean up the broken dishes in the galley). This was the best excursion we took on the Riviera!!

NCL had me at "freestyling"! We're now thinking about booking another...

Halos - We too were at the M&G and your review was spot-on! Being new to CC, I didn't know what to expect, but I didn't expect all the complaining and attacks towards to crew. We just wanted to leave to enjoy the ship, but stayed through it all. I hope other M&Gs are much more enjoyable!

We weren't following you, but we were also on the sailboat in Puerto Vallerta with you. Sailing was new to my family and sailing back to shore was quite the adventure. Kudos goes out to Ernesto for keeping the bar open the whole time (except when he had to clean up the broken dishes in the galley). This was the best excursion we took on the Riviera!!

NCL had me at "freestyling"! We're now thinking about booking another...

Holy Crap..LOL!! I wish I had known you were on the sailboat with us! Wasn't that awesome????

I probably have a picture of you!

wait a minute.....Your 'family?

OMG...did you have the teenaged girl who fell alseep on the boat?? LMAO!! Bill and I were both watching her like a hawk; both of us ready to jump in if she slid off the boat when it was on that 'tilt'!! We kept covering her with a towel too because we thought she might get sunburned!!! She was adorable :)

Don't let that Meet and Greet stop you from attending others....That was just awful and I hope it was just a one time/never to happen again thing.

(I'm sure that John and Ivo do as well!! :eek:)

Halos -- They knew what they were doing when they named you Angel !!

Thanks for a great review and pictures. I applaud you for walking out on the M&G nad hope the people who were trying to ruin it got your message.

The Star is our favorite ship and we love the crew. You have done a great job showing the beauty of her. Thanks again !! Bill

Thanks for the informative review! Your pictures were amazing!! Really beautiful job!

We are on the Star to Alaska again in June and I loved seeing the ship pictures...she is such a beautiful ship...I can't wait to sail on her again!!

Holy Crap..LOL!! I wish I had known you were on the sailboat with us! Wasn't that awesome????

I probably have a picture of you!

wait a minute.....Your 'family?

OMG...did you have the teenaged girl who fell alseep on the boat?? LMAO!! Bill and I were both watching her like a hawk; both of us ready to jump in if she slid off the boat when it was on that 'tilt'!! We kept covering her with a towel too because we thought she might get sunburned!!! She was adorable :)

Don't let that Meet and Greet stop you from attending others....That was just awful and I hope it was just a one time/never to happen again thing.

(I'm sure that John and Ivo do as well!! :eek:)

The sailboat was awesome and yes, that was us! It was my daughter who fell asleep on the boat. Thanks for covering her up. I was afraid she was going to get burnt, but she had lots of sunscreen on that day (we learned a lesson in Mazatlan where we all got burnt). I was also afraid she was going to slip into the water but she assured me she was fine. Again, thanks for watching out for her! That was so kind of you.

And yes, I do recognize a few people in one of your pictures! Thanks for sharing.

The sailboat was awesome and yes, that was us! It was my daughter who fell asleep on the boat. Thanks for covering her up. I was afraid she was going to get burnt, but she had lots of sunscreen on that day (we learned a lesson in Mazatlan where we all got burnt). I was also afraid she was going to slip into the water but she assured me she was fine. Again, thanks for watching out for her! That was so kind of you.

And yes, I do recognize a few people in one of your pictures! Thanks for sharing.

I saw/heard her assure you that she was ok...and she was :) There really was no danger of her slipping. It's just what I call 'parent paranoia' LOL!!

She was covered with a towel, but then she rolled over so her back was exposed. Bill then covered her back. :) Our girls are 21 and 24 now and he gets all sentimental seeing younger kids.

Wasn't Ernesto the cutest thing?? I was calling him "Dimples". :p

LMAO! I know. When will I learn???

Thank you.

OMG!! Will you and Michelle go with us? You have to email Kathy for the details, we booked through her TA.

Quest was NOT the same without you up there in your 4-play nekkidness! :p

We are thinking about it. It seems here lately, everytime I get on a ship, my clothes are coming off. And that is before I start drinking. It was the Male Nightgown contest on the last sailing.

I am still trying to figure how NCL can do 4 ports of call from NOLA but Carnival can only do 3 ports. We will be on the Spirit over Thanksgiving with our girls. Dave

...............Spirit.............Triumph

1st day.....NOLA.............NOLA

2nd day.....Seaday..........Seaday

3rd day.....Costa Maya.....Seaday

4th day.....Guatemala.......Belize

5th day.....Belize.............Roatan

6th day.....Cozumel..........Cozumel

7th day.....Seaday..........Seaday

8th day.....NOLA.............NOLA

We are thinking about it. It seems here lately, everytime I get on a ship, my clothes are coming off. And that is before I start drinking. It was the Male Nightgown contest on the last sailing.

I am still trying to figure how NCL can do 4 ports of call from NOLA but Carnival can only do 3 ports. We will be on the Spirit over Thanksgiving with our girls. Dave

...............Spirit.............Triumph

1st day.....NOLA.............NOLA

2nd day.....Seaday..........Seaday

3rd day.....Costa Maya.....Seaday

4th day.....Guatemala.......Belize

5th day.....Belize.............Roatan

6th day.....Cozumel..........Cozumel

7th day.....Seaday..........Seaday

8th day.....NOLA.............NOLA

I hope you guys can book it...did you email Kathy?

4 ports is way too much for me. I like having just 3...I'm in it for the sea days ;)

Oh and yes, it's good that you seem to take your clothes off a lot lately LOL!! But it did scare me how comfortable you seemed in the nightgown.....:eek: :p ;)

Halos -- Thanks for the fabulous review of the Star. I loved all the pictures too. We are booked for the Mexican Riviera in October on the Star. Our first cruise was December 2008 on the Spirit. That was a blast and it sounds like the Star will compare or beat that trip. YAHOO!!!! :D Thanks again, Nichole

Halos -- Thanks for the fabulous review of the Star. I loved all the pictures too. We are booked for the Mexican Riviera in October on the Star. Our first cruise was December 2008 on the Spirit. That was a blast and it sounds like the Star will compare or beat that trip. YAHOO!!!! :D Thanks again, Nichole

The Spirit was my first NCL cruise and we had such a fabulous time on that ship! I thought it was a 'fluke'. I still was in shock that I enjoyed my NCL cruise after thinking I'd hate it (we were on the Spirit for 15 days and I couldn't believe how much fun we had EVERY DAY!) Then, we took the 2nd NCL cruise and this past one on the Star was the 3rd. Each cruise has been excellent. So, I finally am believing it isn't a fluke. I actually like NCL!

Thank you for your great review and pictures!

You have a wonderful energy which comes through your posts.

I am sure your grandmother was enjoying the cruise in spirit with you!

Hopefully there will be people with positive energy on our honeymoon cruise in May! :)

Archived