caribbean princess stop over in san juan-LUGGAGE

maizie58canada

Hi everyone. Im a newbie only 2nd time cruise. We are arriving in san juan at 6;00 a.m. and our plane does not leave until 400 pm.leaving some time to see san juan. however we have our luggage....

Does anyone know how to handle this problem. Being on a charter they wont allow us to stay over but i would really like to see san juan j-we would have about 5 hours at least to see some of it.

any suggestions? I cant imagine walking around old san with our luggage.

Thank you for reading this and if any helpful suggestions it would be appreciated

Hi everyone. Im a newbie only 2nd time cruise. We are arriving in san juan at 6;00 a.m. and our plane does not leave until 400 pm.leaving some time to see san juan. however we have our luggage....

Does anyone know how to handle this problem. Being on a charter they wont allow us to stay over but i would really like to see san juan j-we would have about 5 hours at least to see some of it.

any suggestions? I cant imagine walking around old san with our luggage.

Thank you for reading this and if any helpful suggestions it would be appreciated

There is a place downtown that will watch your luggage for a couple of $$ per bag.

Barachinas I think?? Maybe someone else knows.

Do any of the post San Juan excursions look good? Princess will handle your luggage while on tour and drop you off at the airport at the end of your cruise. I haven't done this in a long time, but imagine it's still an option.

I took the El Yunque Rain Forest tour booked thru the ship for disembarking passengers. It was a good time killer and dropped off at the airport about 1PM.

That's still a bit early, but SJU is a zoo and it takes time to get thru agriculture and security.

I have been told that if you leave your Princess luggage tags on the bag you won't have to go thru aggie inspection. I can't confirm that personally because Princess then still offered Princess EasyCheck which reportedly has been discontinued. To bad, that was an exclellent service.

Princess's description (just put down your flight departure time as 4:01PM :D):

El Yunque Rain Forest Drive (Disembark Only)

End your cruise with a narrated scenic drive through Puerto Rico's fascinating El Yunque Rain Forest, the only rain forest in the U.S. National Forest System.

Board your air-conditioned transportation at the pier and drive from San Juan to El Yunque, traveling through Puerto Rico's lush countryside. Your scenic drive travels through the forest, stopping at La CoCa Waterfall, the observation tower, and the natural pool for photo opportunities. El Yunque's mountainous terrain boasts diverse vegetation, including 240 species of native trees, 50 species of native orchids, and over 150 species of ferns. Stop at a local arts and crafts market for some shopping before continuing on to the airport.

SPECIAL NOTES

This tour is for passengers with flights leaving San Juan after 4:00 p.m.

There's another tour that obviously arrives at SJU earlier:

Old & New San Juan (Disembark Only)

Experience San Juan on a scenic drive that explores both the historic old town and the modern city with time for shopping, of course.

Board your air-conditioned transportation and drive through historic Old San Juan, viewing its many landmarks. Visit San Cristobal, the towering fortress built by the Spanish between 1634 and 1771. Here you can take in the commanding view of the city and its surrounding area. Then head for New San Juan, passing the Condado resort area and Isla Verde district. Enjoy a brief stop for shopping before continuing on to the airport.

SPECIAL NOTES

This tour is for passengers with flights leaving San Juan after 2:00 p.m.

***DISEMBARKATION TOURS CAN BE BOOKED ONLY ONBOARD***

I have been told that if you leave your Princess luggage tags on the bag you won't have to go thru aggie inspection.

They used to allow this but it's been discontinued in the last few months. Everyone now has to go through the USDA check before proceeding to check-in.

The ship also has an Old San Juan excursion where you drop your bags at a truck and they are delivered to the airport. Everyone has to go through agriculture inspection now. This is new within the last year. Taking a ship sponsored excursion eliminates waiting on the LONG taxi lines when you get off the ship.

Just back last night from this sailing and I did the Old and New San Juan tour sponsored by Princess. Our luggage was put on a truck and was waiting for us in a guarded area of the airport. I didn't want to deal with hauling my luggage around, waiting for a taxi in the LONG line, and I wanted to see Old San Juan. I would recommend the tour! I also recommend eating something before you get to the airport as there are few food services once you get to the gate area and the lines were terrible!

Archived