PG Cruises

pacheco18

It will be part of Regent until early 2010 when Regent will no longer be associated with the ship. It will still be the Paul Gauguin and sail the south Pacific under PG Cruises name. The new website is pgcruises.com. They are offering 45% off on all cruises and free airfare on certain sailings as well if booked by 3/31. I could not resist.

• 2 weeks later...

We booked last week on the May 22, 2010 15 night sailing from Fiji to Tahiti. We too took advantage of the 45% off early booking sale and free air promotion as well which happened to be extended for another week beyond the 3/31 deadline when I called PG directly to book. I am a bit leery since my final payment deadline I believe is at the end of January or the beginning of February so not much chance to get solid feedback from folks in January after the changeover from Regent to PG cruises. Unfortuately there is only one sailing date with that itinerary so we can 't go any other time unless we decide to wait it out another year :confused: At least those booked later in the year have a chance to hear from fellow cruisers how their experiences were before their final payment date. If anyone is planning on sailing in January, please post a review as soon as you get back!

Jenny:)

• 2 months later...

I did a little bit of digging on PG Cruises, as we are <this close> to booking the May 22 2010. We were on the Paul Gauguin in 2005 and had a fantastic time. The new website shows the same pics as the old Regent site, and the new corporate address is right next door to the Regent corporate address. My thought is that they spun off the Gauguin and are focusing on their other 3 ships, as they are almost identical.

Hi Everyone

We are booked on the March 27 2010 ten day sailing. I am glad to see activity on the boards about the new PG cruises. If anyone else is booked on this cruise post a reply. I have been looking into shore excursions on Bora Bora through a tour guide http://www.maohinui.net/index.php and the prices go down per person the more people that sign up for the days tour. So if anyone is going to be on this cruise and are interested in joining in on a tour post a reply. :)

Mauru uru, Bill & Charlene

• 6 months later...

I hope CC starts a separate place for the "new" PG. Anyone know if they plan to? Anyone else doing the 3/6 7-day? The price via a discount site was irresistible. The economy has been tough, thrilled to have the chance to revisit Paradise and be spoiled so well on the PG.

• 1 month later...

Yes, we are booked on Aug 14 - 24 sailing. Still not 100% sure we will be able to go (family of 4 - summer jobs etc.) Not so happy about that non-refundable deposit. First time I have come across that before the 120 day date. Trust it will be waived if we do have to cancel.

Archived