How strict are the age Limits for the Kids Clubs?

cmdear63

We are going on the Canival Pride this summer, and my 14 yr old son will be 15 the following month. My question is how strict are they with the age groups? Would my son be able to go to the older group 15-17, or have to stay with the younger set??:confused:

He's not sure what he would like better at this point, but I didn't know if he really had a choice.

I've come to realize that this varies by line and ship (the staff on that particular ship in the kids' area). Most don't budge on what group the kids are in, especially if they are very full. Some groups have been combined if there is a low census of kids, but I have not heard of taking a young teen and putting them with the older teens. Mainly because the older teens come and go as they please. Some lines have an option for the younger teens to come and go, but only with a parent's written consent.

Bottom line, I wouldn't count on anything except your DS being put in the age group is is actually in at the time of the cruise. Changes or adjustments may occur, but I wouldn't want my 14yo DS to run around the ship with 15-17yos, but that's just me.

I have a simular problem , my kids 13 and 17 were in the kids clubs and met some great friends on our last new years eve cruise those kids were 14 and 16. This year we all planned a new year eve cruise together but the kids will 14 ,18,15, and 17 , all the kids will be in diferrent clubs so they cant be together , and my 18 year old cant do anything , they have nothing for that age. so it will be interesting this time. good luck to us all with that .

Archived