Question about upgrades

Andersoncd

I booked my cruise directly with Princess. This will be my first cruise to Alaska in June on the Sea Princess. How/when can you ask about upgrades? Do they contact you, or do you just call and ask? Never been upgraded before, but would like to. Thanks in advance for any advice.

I booked my cruise directly with Princess. This will be my first cruise to Alaska in June on the Sea Princess. How/when can you ask about upgrades? Do they contact you, or do you just call and ask? Never been upgraded before, but would like to. Thanks in advance for any advice.

YOU have absolutely no control over upgrades. Asking for one will not get you an upgrade. Upgrades are the luck of the computer draw and there is no telling whether you will or will not receive one. You just have to wait and see.

Always, Always book the minimum category you will be happy in, it is the only way to book a cruise! Good luck though, you never know when an upgrade might 'surprise' you (but there is nothing you can do to increase your chances)!

You can ask at any time. The costill be the difference between what you paid and the current cost for the upgraded cabin. If you booked counting on a free upgrade, you are confused. Princess will try to sell every cabin at the highest possible price.

Many would like to be upgraded but since it's unlikely, the only real way to be upgraded is to pay for an upgrade. Also, remember that most "upgrades" are really the exact same cabin type in a different location. You can keep on checking your booking on My Princess to see if you are in a different cabin or call to ask if you've been reassigned. If you request an upgrade, you'll pay the difference between your booked cabin and the new one. And, the new one could be at a much higher rate than when you booked originally.

call princess and ask them if your booking is marked "no upgrade". you need that off if you wish to be considered for an upgrade.

it does happen, mostly small upgrades in the same category, but sometimes great ones, and hey! why not you? good luck.:)

Archived