A Latitudes Change That Hadn't Caught My Eye

njhorseman

I am sure I will miss the welcome bottle of whatever wine on my next cruise...but you know what? That will probably be the first thing I buy on board.

coka

Sure but you forgot how much better 'free' wine taste ;)

Seriously, I have to consider bottom line when we cruise. The loss of the CC program (I expect) means that we'll be cruising much less than we have in the past. Instead of 10-12 months between our cruises, we'll probably climb to between 18-24 months between sailings (unless I continue my pattern of finding an NCL pricing mistake a year ;))

Cutbacks in the Lat program (although really insignificant) just seem to be more glaring in light of the other things gone.

Ok, you people sersiously crack me up. :p

I just completed my 3rd NCL cruise (actually, I guess it counts only as my

2nd because one of the cruises was only a 3 day-er) and even though I am nowhere near platinum, I had a nice basket with fruit and wine in my cabin waiting for me because of a letter I wrote to NCL about my second cruise (the one that didn't count) and as a thank-you, they gave me a gift that included wine....Merlot to be exact, which we never drank. We took it home...and I am sure that FREE wine does not taste better; it most likely is crap. I plan on cooking with it.

I will have the same gift on my next NCL cruise. if any of you who are missing your free wine are on my sailing, I will gladly give you the bottle.

;)

Ok, you people sersiously crack me up. :p

they gave me a gift that included wine....Merlot to be exact, which we never drank. We took it home...and I am sure that FREE wine does not taste better; it most likely is crap.

;)

Having bought and been given that wine, the free one tasted a lot better ;)

Having bought and been given that wine, the free one tasted a lot better ;)

LOL...actually, you are right! I apologize. If I would have paid for that wine, I'd have been quite upset!!! :D

LOL...actually, you are right! I apologize. If I would have paid for that wine, I'd have been quite upset!!! :D

It really isn't terrible---but ya know, I've never much paid attention to who makes it.

What does this mean?

It means that cruises under 5 nights keep you at sea level ;) :p

Seriously, it means that cruises under 5 nights will net elevate you to platinum...they do not count towards your cruise count.

In all honesty this would be fair IF they took the longer cruises and gave you 2 credits for them...jmo.

It means that cruises under 5 nights keep you at sea level ;) :p

Seriously, it means that cruises under 5 nights will net elevate you to platinum...they do not count towards your cruise count.

In all honesty this would be fair IF they took the longer cruises and gave you 2 credits for them...jmo.

I also think it would be fair if a person took 1 3-nighter and 1 4-nighter, it would count as 1 cruise. Or...similarly, 7 1-nighters would count as 1 cruise. There may well be many people who only take the 3-night or 4 night cruise as a way of getting away more often, and to not get any credit ever is not really fair, either.:cool: (FYI, that's not me....i like the typical 1 week cruise.)

I also think it would be fair if a person took 1 3-nighter and 1 4-nighter, it would count as 1 cruise. Or...similarly, 7 1-nighters would count as 1 cruise. There may well be many people who only take the 3-night or 4 night cruise as a way of getting away more often, and to not get any credit ever is not really fair, either.:cool: (FYI, that's not me....i like the typical 1 week cruise.)

I believe that Princess counts your days on the ship. This, IMO is the most fair way to do it, don't you agree?

or at least that is what my wife was told when she called NCL last night....

We have booked back to backs on the Sky this summer - this would have given us cruises 13 and 14 so when we sailed on the Epic next summer we would be platinum.

She called and the customer service agent said while they don't have latitude perks on the Sky, they do count the cruises towards platinum...

and this folks, is what is the real problem with all the cruiselines...talking to 3 different customer service people and getting 3 different answers.

It's a shame they don't get their facts straight. It would help us all out quite a bit.

I know if i called NCL today and asked them the same question, I would probably be told short cruises don't count towards platinum status...

As far as I know, it has always been the "policy" that short cruises do not count. But, as many here have seen, they usually count anyways due to system issues.

If enough people call them on it, they will find a way to fix their system and block those.

Be careful what you ask for.

As far as I know, it has always been the "policy" that short cruises do not count. But, as many here have seen, they usually count anyways due to system issues.

If enough people call them on it, they will find a way to fix their system and block those.

Be careful what you ask for.

You got it!:)

Dianne

hahaha, too funny with all of this!

I always thought shorter cruises did not receive the latitudes perks but they did count towards reaching the next level. But do not go by me. I really never understood who gets what, how, when and why. I go with no expectations. More fun to be surprised...or not...whatever! I still do not know where one gets to eat breakfast if staying in particular cabin category. If it is not snowing on a cruise then I am happy happy happy!

coka

I always thought shorter cruises did not receive the latitudes perks but they did count towards reaching the next level. But do not go by me.

coka

That's what I've always thought also, but like you said "do not go by me" LOL

If it is not snowing on a cruise then I am happy happy happy!

coka

It's snowing here again this AM :eek:. So right now, I'd just be happy if it didn't snow at my house

I know it'll be better next spring. Sometime in the next few months I'm gonna eat that freakin' groundhog Punxsutawney Phil

Sometime in the next few months I'm gonna eat that freakin' groundhog Punxsutawney Phil

Can I watch??? :p

Actually, I can't complain right now. I hate to even speak these words out loud but it's only April 1st and I can see my lawn! The snow is melting here :eek: (I can't believe it!)

I really never understood who gets what, how, when and why. I go with no expectations. More fun to be surprised...or not...whatever! I still do not know where one gets to eat breakfast if staying in particular cabin category. If it is not snowing on a cruise then I am happy happy happy!

coka

me too coka, me too. :)

How bout some fresh groundhog meat? ;)

Where I come from we get excited whether phil sees his shadow or not as it is only six more weeks of winter or less...We are more interested in groundhog tenderloin than his shadow...send it on over! LOL

coka

Archived