Houstonions: Best Chicken Fried Steak?

MrOCT31

So we ended up at Kelly's and my gosh that is A LOT of food! The meat portions alone were literally the size of the plates! It was nice fresh made I guess is the best way to describe it CFS so I got what I wanted and thank all who responded! Oh yeah, the cruise wasn't half bad either!:D

So we ended up at Kelly's and my gosh that is A LOT of food! The meat portions alone were literally the size of the plates! It was nice fresh made I guess is the best way to describe it CFS so I got what I wanted and thank all who responded! Oh yeah, the cruise wasn't half bad either!:D

Glad we were able to help! We Texans take our CFS very seriously and would not "steer" you wrong!

... I think we'll stop in on the way from Austin when we cruise on 5/10/09!

082502btw_prv.gif, wave when you go by. I'm right off Exit 11!

Kat 070106YA44_prv.gif

I believe there are other Kelley's locations in and around Houston. If you google them, I'm sure you can get maps to locations. If you want CFS, you really should try to find a kelley's. It'll get your stomach primed and ready for all the overeating on the cruise.

Here ya go folks. . .

http://kelleysrestaurant.com/locations.php

Dirty's

They serve a CFS bigger than the plate! It's in the Heights area.

If you want a really big and good chicken fried steak check out Hickory Hollow in the Heights. There is a size they have called the "Saddle Blanket". It's served on a pizza pan. They have great BBQ too....

• 3 weeks later...
If you're headed to Galveston and want a great chicken fried steak on the way stop at one of the Kelley's Country Cookin locations. Kelley's has three locations between IAH and Galveston all on the South side of town.

http://kelleysrestaurant.com/

I-45 @ Park Place Blvd. (This one is close to Hobby also.)

I-45 in League City, Tx. (If you're headed South on I-45 take the FM 518 exit in League City and turn left under I-45. Kelley's is about two blocks down on your left.)

I-45 @ FM 1765 in LaMarque

Kelly's believes in huge portions so you may want to split the chicken fried steak and top it off with an order of hand battered onion rings and a milk shake.

YES, YES, YES...my 22 yo son can't even finish it! everything there is Texas size. Breakfast is our favorite! The breakfast with the CFS!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Another good place, a chain, is Texas Land and Cattle. They have several locations, not sure any are real close to the Galleria though.

If you change your mind and try Mexican go to Pappasitos, its a couple miles down Richmond from the Galleria, perhaps the hotel shuttle will get you there and back.

Enjoy whatever you eat!!!

If you're gonna order the Chicken Fried Steak, may as well order a side dish of their MONSTER ONION RINGS! (They're prepared as ordered so you get them, fresh, fresh, FRESH!.) They also have a HUGE one pound burger for you "Non-Vegimatics!" teehee...

• 2 weeks later...

If you don't mind going a little out of your way, exit on NASA Parkway and go east, past NASA and over Clear Lake. A couple of miles past Clear Lake, look on the right for Seabrook Classic Cafe (it's next to a Subway and sits below street level). They have AWESOME chicken fried steak.....and my favorite....chicken fried chicken! YUMMY!

If you're on your way to Galveston, continue east on NASA Parkway a few blocks to Hwy 146. Turn south and keep going until you see the signs to I-45 S and Galveston.

Seabrook Classic is worth the detour!

• 2 months later...

Archived