Booking with a baby

tazmanrmv

ok, i know this is going to be a stupid question, but has anyone booked a cruise while pregnant and traveled after the baby was born? Basically what im looking for is, can you book a cabin under parents name without the baby's name, then add the baby as the 3rd passenger later?

Thanks

You can add a 3rd passenger to any reservation later IF the ship hasn't reached maximum capacity and IF you are in a room for 3 people.

You can also book while pregnant and just put down Baby Smith for the 3rd passengers name and change it once the child is born.

Most cruiselines require a child to be at least 6 mo. old....check before you book!

That's just what I was going to say! It's almost always 6 months old at the minimum....I guess because if you have a colicky baby who wakes up screaming four times a night (like my DD did) your neighbours aren't going to be too happy about it! :)

Also make sure you know the baby's name/date of birth before the final payment is due. many cruiselines will charge a change fee if its after the final payment date. The best thing would be wait until the baby is here then book.

Archived