nile blue?

gmadvm

Anyone heard back from nile blue lately? I sent emails to two different addresses and haven't heard anything back. I don't have spam blocker on and it has been over a month. Should I move on to another company or does it usually take that long to get a response. Second part, any suggestions for a different company? We will be there in November. Day 1 in Alexandria and Day 2 in Port Said. Looking for an overnight excursion that will pick us up at point A and return to point B.

Thanks Gerri

• 1 month later...

I emailed Temo and Nile Blue on Saturday and they both responded back within one day.

Unfortunately, we were looking for something a little "different" than the usual two day tour but both responded with pricing for the typical "cookie cutter" two day tour.

They're still alive and kicking!!! I also sent email to Egyptian Express, which has been reccomended with no response a week and a half later.

Peter

We are using Nile Blue for our trip in June and they've always responded quickly, usually within a day. We were able to customize our trip and not go with the 'cookie cutter' itinerary listed on their web site.

One tip--I first tried the "sales" email and got no response. Once I started using the "manager" email I got immediate responses.

Autumn 1031,

Could you give me an idea of what you tour consists of? We are going in Nov and heard good things about Nile Blue..Do they put you with other people or do they just take the 2 of you? I want to avoid the big bus tours of the ship. We want to take the overnight in the hotel tour.

Thanks for any information you can give me.

Hi Dorijo,

We are only in Egypt for one day, so we can only do a day long tour. There is only the 2 of us traveling-- they do not make you go on a big group. We also wanted to avoid the big tour jam! We've never been to Egypt so we do want to see *some* of the standard, tourist sites, so our itinerary is not that exotic-- just not necessarily in the same order as the 'standard tour.' Here is our itinerary:

Depart Alexandria and drive along the highway to Cairo, about 245 kms. Continue on for a further 24kms to reach Egypt's first ancient capital, Memphis, built by King Menes. Admire the fallen colossal statue of King Ramses the 2nd and the Alabaster Sphinx of Amenhopis the 2nd. Your tour continues through a beautiful countryside arriving at Sakkara, the oldest ancient Egyptian cemetery, built on a desert plateau. Marvel at the famous Step Pyramid of King Zoser built by the engineer Imhotep. It is the first monumental stone built structure in the world. The Pyramid is composed of six receding terraces, one on top of each other. Visit one of the Mastabas (funerary chambers) of Idout, Mereruca or Ptah-Hotep. A break for lunch & you will continue to at the Plateau of Giza. The only remaining Wonder of the Ancient World, the Great Pyramids and their mysterious guardian, the Sphinx, stand defying the passage of time and men. A drive to the Western Plateau will afford panoramic views of the Pyramids and a short photo stop will take place before your coach brings you near the Great Pyramid of Chephren where free time will be allocated.

Continue down the valley to visit the mighty Sphinx with its adjoining Mortuary Temple made of alabaster.

Jamie: Normally this is followed by some shopping in the government approved store, but we requested limited govt shopping and instead asked for suggestions for other "local" things to do around Cairo; we're still hashing that out. Nothing too exotic or off the beaten track, but they did allow us to pick and choose exactly which places we preferred to go. We are paying in USD and we pay at the end of the tour. Since it's only 2 of us, the price is not significantly cheaper than the cruise excursion--maybe by $15 pp or so-- but we get to see a lot more, and by ourselves.

I hope that helps!

Thank you Autumn,

I booked with Nile Blue today. We are on the overnight and are doing in by oursleves also. It comes to $200pp savings for us on RCCL. Seeing just about the same as the ship though without 48 other people holding us up LOL.

Thank you Autumn,

I booked with Nile Blue today. We are on the overnight and are doing in by oursleves also. It comes to $200pp savings for us on RCCL. Seeing just about the same as the ship though without 48 other people holding us up LOL.

what addresses did you use to contact nile blue? I used 4 that were on the contact page, including hazeem and ghada's addresses. basically everyone who had manager or sales in their description and also filled out the little boxes to reserve the cairo tour. hoped they would look at that more frequently than email. you got a secret way of contacting them? maybe decoder rings? we are on brilliance right after you on november 30.

what addresses did you use to contact nile blue? I used 4 that were on the contact page, including hazeem and ghada's addresses. basically everyone who had manager or sales in their description and also filled out the little boxes to reserve the cairo tour. hoped they would look at that more frequently than email. you got a secret way of contacting them? maybe decoder rings? we are on brilliance right after you on november 30.

My wife and I are on the same cruise. Nov 30. Can't wait. Have you heard back from Nile Blue yet? They are on our list too.

will...

I just booked this cruise on 30 Nov. If you find a good 2-day option and wish to consider sharing the tour to keep the cost down, please let me know.

Thanks.

Hi Jeff. my wife and I were just talking about finding other people to share a tour with. I would think a group of 4 or 6 would be perfect. I want to do some more research to figure out exactly what we want to do, and then send off a few emails to some of the highly recommended companies.

We want to do a two day for sure because I don't want to do the 2.5 hour drive from Port to Cairo 4 times. Pyramids are a must. As is the sphinx and the Cairo museum.

What are the other must-sees?

Let me know what your tour interests are. We Are in Los Angeles (silverlake area) not too far from you, so maybe we could even meet up before hand and go over guide books and such.

My wife and I are on the same cruise. Nov 30. Can't wait. Have you heard back from Nile Blue yet? They are on our list too.

We booked with Ramses tours. Had several emails back and forth with questions and George replied within 24 hours. Able to customize the tours and eliminate the shopping stops. Big bonus was not having to make a deposit. I read some companies required western union or bank transfers. Also, we asked for pyramid view rooms at Le Meridien and he got them and sent me a copy of the confirmation from the hotel.

Hi Will-San...

Thanks for answering. I live in Saugus, work in Pasadena. My friend, Jessica, lives and works in Washington, DC.

As I've said, I'm not 100% sure about a 2-day private tour but am leaning that way, because it looks like day 2 in Port Said, won't allow a full visit to Cairo due to time.

Of course the pyramids , sphinx, Egyptian Museum...and I was thinking the Bazaar ... Also, was thinking of a short tour of Alexandria since there are several sights .. particularly the library.

Feel free to email me directly at jegoodman @ netzero. net

I too have sent out feelers to the companies and have gotten one response which I'd be happy to share.

Thanks,

I noticed that one of the RCCL tours you fly To Luxor... but it is a 1 day tour. Has anyone tried booking a two day private tour where you fly to Luxor and then back to Cairo to get the second day there? (or some variation on that Idea).

Hi -- we are on the Oceania Insignia travelling from Barcelona to Istanbul on August 9, 2009. The Egypt segment of the cruise includes first a stop in Alexandria and the next day in Port Said (for Cairo). Though we have been to Egypt previously, we are very excited to return as we found the archaeological treasures amazing, and hope to see some new discoveries and sites. I found a link on these boards http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=974101 which led me to email Ramses Travel Company to arrange tours in both locations for us. George from Ramses has answered all my enquiries promptly and with great attention to detail. Though I have not contacted other agencies, I booked with the excursions with Ramses due to excellent prior recommendations, George's efficient and courteous customer service, and the prices quoted which seemed quite reasonable. I will post a review of the excursions after we return at the end of August. Happy journeys to all.

I noticed that one of the RCCL tours you fly To Luxor... but it is a 1 day tour. Has anyone tried booking a two day private tour where you fly to Luxor and then back to Cairo to get the second day there? (or some variation on that Idea).

I tried about 5 different companies and none would do it. I was thinking about doing the one through RCCL as well. I would really love to get to Luxor and the Valley of the Kings/Queens.

Hi ALl,

Just posted elsewhere looking for day trip to Giza from Alex....would like a smaller group of up to ten......anyone game? We are married couple from DC area.

Dee

Hi ALl,

Just posted elsewhere looking for day trip to Giza from Alex....would like a smaller group of up to ten......anyone game? We are married couple from DC area.

Dee

What is your sail date?

• 4 months later...

Archived