transatlantic time difference changes

Hi can anybody tell me how the time difference is tackled on transatlantic crossings, we are sailing from the USA to England in about 10 days time the USA are 5 hours behind us in the UK so do they put the clocks forward an hour every other day or so, or do they pick one day to go forward the 5 hours to get to european time

I believe the change is FORWARD, not back. England is 5 hours later so each day at noon they advance the clocks to 1:00 PM. The makes each day only 23 hours long for 6 days.

soulpony

BTW, I'll be aboard IOS with you, I think.

The change is normally done in the middle of the night 1am and you will find a card on your pillow before retiring to remind you to reset your watch(es) before retiring so that you will be correct with ship's time:)

I had heard that on TA's going eastbound on time change day, the time changes at 1:00pm back to noon. I've done two westbounds where the time change is at night but this is my first eastbound. Does anyone know if that is true?

Tim

Must have had a brain cramp. I meant changing from noon to 1:00pm. Based on replies, looks like during sea days some ships (Voyager) change the clock at noon and some ships change the clock at night. Guess it depends on the captain.

Tim

The real fun comes when Newfoundland is on the itinerary since you will have two half hour changes to adjust first to the time in St. John's and then to the time in the rest of the world.:);)

The change is normally done in the middle of the night 1am and you will find a card on your pillow before retiring to remind you to reset your watch(es) before retiring so that you will be correct with ship's time:)

:D It put a smile on my face seeing your post!! Hope you both are well! :)

Must have had a brain cramp. I meant changing from noon to 1:00pm. Based on replies, looks like during sea days some ships (Voyager) change the clock at noon and some ships change the clock at night. Guess it depends on the captain.

Tim

Hi Tim

Hope the Captain on our Jewel TA opts for clock changes at noon - leaving our options open to have an early night if we feel like it without drawing straws to decide who’s going to sit up late to do it :rolleyes::p:)

Archived