Price drop likely?

Reenwad

So I'm looking at a RCCL cruise to Alaska. South bound Alaska from Seward to Vancouver, BC on Radiance of the Seas in September.

The price for a balcony in 2009 is $949.00 (Which already went up from $799!) :confused:

The price for a balcony in 2010 is $1299.00

That's $350 difference. :eek: What are the chances that if I book it now, it will come down to 2009 pricing or lower?

I have never booked a cruise THIS early before, just wondering!

Princess and RCCL are each removing a ship from Alaska next year, plus Carnival and HAL are each moving a ship from one-ways to roundtrips. So with cuts in capacity next year, that reduces the likelihood of you finding deals for 2010 that are anywhere close to the 2009 pricing.

There has been over capacity on Alaska itineraries for at least the past 4 years. This year the cruise lines have also had to deal with the economy issue and for 2010 have announced redeployment of ships to more profitable itineraries, there is no doubt in my mind that 2009 will prove to be the most inexpensive year to cruise to Alaska ever and cheap fares will be a thing of the past in 2010. Grab a ticket while you can.:)

RCI has claimed that they will not be lowering prices across the board. That is to be seen but Alaska remains a niche market and has always been an expensive place to cruise until this year.

We have sailed on the Radiance to Alaska and it was one of our best cruises ever. If there is any way you can go this year I would recommend you do so. We have also sailed there in September and loved it too.

Archived