Tipping CC staff?

MamaParrotHead

If you're in a "standard" cabin, figure $9.75 per person, per day (including kids!) for tips. That will cover your room attendant, waiter, ass't waiter. and M'aitre D. They will tell you how to allot those tips on the last evening.

So, you'll be paying $39 per day in tips for your family.

If you're in a "standard" cabin, figure $9.75 per person, per day (including kids!) for tips. That will cover your room attendant, waiter, ass't waiter. and M'aitre D. They will tell you how to allot those tips on the last evening.

So, you'll be paying $39 per day in tips for your family.

I think she was asking about tipping the camp counsellors, which would be above and beyond the $10/day standard tip.

I would be interested in knowing this as well. I hadn't really thought about tips for counsellors since I've never sailed with a child before, but yeah, it makes sense! :)

Hi, My opinion on this has always been that the camp staff are "advertised" as professionals (college educated, and teachers by profession). This makes them different from those who traditionally get tips, such as summer camp counselors (who are usually teens), or those who supply a personal service, and whose income is dependent on tips and are expected to be receiving tips based on their jobs.

As a result, I have not felt it necessary to tip these staff, since I would never tip my kids' teachers or daycare staff.

This is not to imply that one could not tip if you felt you wanted to. I just think it is neither required or expected.

We were on the Valor last June and my DD was only in CC in the evening. I tipped the staff $15 for the week (7 days).

On our Independence cruise last November (4 days), I gave them $20 because they allowed her to 'try' the 9-11 year old group (she was 8 at the time) and spent extra time with her 2 days working on a dance move!

When my children were younger, (3-5 group!)I have tipped $50 for the week before.

It really just depends on how much the staff goes above and beyond for your children.

Off topic-Mamaparrothead-I love that halter dress in your picture. :D

Off topic-Mamaparrothead-I love that halter dress in your picture. :D

Thanks. It's actually a 3 piece bridesmaid's dress from David's Bridal. Funny story....my mom was getting remarried, and my sister and I were her bridesmaids. She didn't know it yet, but we'd booked a cruise and as we were shopping for dresses, in the back of my mind was, "Hmmmmm...what would be nice to wear on the ship for formal night?". :D:D:D

Yes, they are trained professionals and get paid a salary! In all the years of family cruising there is always one or two that seem to make your kids vacation "extra special."

Ask my DD about the young man on Enchantment of the Seas (the Adventure Ocean Program) and she'll give you an hour answer why she loves him! ;)

Thanks. It's actually a 3 piece bridesmaid's dress from David's Bridal. Funny story....my mom was getting remarried, and my sister and I were her bridesmaids. She didn't know it yet, but we'd booked a cruise and as we were shopping for dresses, in the back of my mind was, "Hmmmmm...what would be nice to wear on the ship for formal night?".
LOL!!!!!!!! It's georgeous and looks flattering!!!

We keep typing at the same time:o

It's georgeous and looks flattering!!

I agree! I've always thought it looked so pretty on you!

As far as tip...that's totally up to you. Some have tipped as little as $10 and some as much as $100 for the week. It's what you think it apropriate. I have always been told that they just divide it all up.

Archived