Day Sail opinions

perkli25

Hi to all. You didn't ask for this; but I HIGHLY recommend Capt. Jim with Jester Sailing Adventures. I have never sailed with either of the companies you mentioned, so I cannot comment on them. The reason for that is I am terribly loyal to Capt. Jim. We have sailed with him 3 times and are booked again in June. He pays attention to every small detail - from lunch served to "always a drink of choice - in hand!" You do have to take about a 15 minute cab ride to the East end of the Island where Jester is moored; but well worth the ride. I would be happy to answer any questions you might have. Check out his reviews on this board as well as Trip Advisor. http://www.sailjester.com. Good Luck. Chick.

Hello, there! You didn't ask for this either, but I would highly recommend a little gem, Interlinesail, for your day sail! I just posted a review under "looking for current review for Interlinesail." This day was our favorite day of our cruise! :)

We used Simplicitycharters.com and had the time of our lives. The boat was clean, in excellent condition. The lunch and full service bar excellent. Limit of 6 passengers. Captain and first mate were personable, educated. Good luck making a choice!

Island Girl is a huge time and money savings as they pick you up at the pier instead of having to get yourself to and from Red Hook. We've used them 3 times! Nothing fancy - but also like the power snorkels they offer. We'll probably try Rumbaba from Red Hook next time we're in St Thomas. I understand they really know how to pamper and the food, drinks and stops are eceptional. Too bad Island Girl doesn't step it up a notch. It's not that difficult to serve nice food and drinks! They have a lot going for them and this would put them over the top IMO. We've also used Jolly Mon and that was pretty good too.

I haven't used High Pockets, I did email them and they were prompt and very polite. Instead we did the half day sail with Island Girl a couple of weeks ago and had a blast. I'm not sure if we got lucky but the second we got out of the sail boat we saw a sting ray, a little bit later saw a hawksbill turtle, caribbean squid. He had an assistant who will probably not be there next season but he was great at finding things we would have never spotted, brittle starfish and this little spider crab (arrow crab) among other things.

The only thing some might be cautious off is that because his sail boat is a mono haul it can be a little rough at times, however, none of us had a problem with it.

The sea scooters were different and having him pick us up at the ship was a bonus. Because it was only half a day I wasn't concerned about the food but the cut up pears and cheese and crackers were perfect and you could drink all you wanted.

Ron

Thank you all very much for your replies. We booked with high pockets yesterday and we are very excited. The other couple who is traveling with us agreed that high pockets looked like it was more pampering. Which is what we love on vacation. Island girl seemed very nice too. The other suggestions also looked great and may be something we do in the future.We leave in 48 days so I will let you all know how it goes.

I would highly recommend Rumbaba for a daysail. They were fantastic. Offered your choice of food options for lunch as well as favorite beverages. He even let my DS sail the sailboat on the way back. It was the highlight of his cruise. You cannot go wrong with them.:):):)

Archived