Cruisers from the LEFT COAST of the USA- let's talk about our CRUISES..

cctn

Hi Carol!

Have not been over here for a while, just say Hi!

We just booked another cruise, hehe:cool: Going on Celebrity Silhouette (new, has not been built yet, maiden on Aug 1, 2011) September 27, 2011!!

We have canceled our Equinox one, need more time to save more$ LOL!

I just can't figure out how to get the countdown clock for it to go away!

Are you all packed yet and ready to board the Infinity? you go in May, right?

Melody:D

Melody - you are also welcome to join me on the M & M Clubhouse thread - click on my signature - lots of fun folks there!! c.

Hey Carol!

I was just over on your M&M clubhouse thread and WOW!! I felt like I just dropped in on another planet:eek::)!!! WHAT are you people talking about?!!! Mind you, I just read the last page but holy cow, what are ya smokin' LOL hehe!!

Melody:eek:

Oh - just join in - we are silly and funny - we talk about everything!! there is Jimmy James from louisiana and he likes to take pics and share - his dog is Buddy Dog, pic on my signature and we are talking about taking Buddy Dog on Cruises! one lady, CruiseCatMama made a puppet and we can bring him in that form!

Char is my buddy from Fresno and she is a hoot too - it's just a free for all thread that talks about everything and anything!! of course, mostly about cruises! Miss BeachBuddy Patty is my pal from NJ - we are planning another cruise together - we have been on 2 already and our NJ/PA gang has already signed up on the new Silouette by Celebrity coming out in 2011, as you know. We are on the Nov 18 2011 Caribbean sailing...

in case you lose track of me, which I doubt cuz you know where to find me on CC - all over.. ha!ha! my email is:

c a r f i e l d t n e p o @comcast dot net

join us = it's a fun group -- ha!ha!

and you know what's funny - we don't even drink that much -- !! carol

I think one airline is proposing charging for using the restrooms! it'll never end - blankets, food (awful food), etc etc.. Carol

I was on an airline last year that charged us $5 pp if we did not check in online 24 hours before our flight. My response to them was If you need $5 more just add it on to my ticket price and quit nickel and diming me not to mention the inconvenience.

That is why we use Southwest whenever possible. I hope the other airlines will get a clue.

First of all - thanx for finding us and hope you continue to post - we are also on a Northern Ca thread = link is in my signature -

one of the ladies in my dentist's office said she got on a plane that charged if she wanted to sit side by side with her husband - she didn't!! it was only an hrs flight to Las Vegas so she said they didn't have to sit together... i mean....... airlines will never stop.......

carol

yes - and so is the radiance...

boo hoo boo hoo.. carol

Oh No, I will have to take another cruise on her before she leaves. Do you know when and what is replacing her?

Carol, I think we talked before about both being on the Fair Princess, the small rooms etc.

Oh No, I will have to take another cruise on her before she leaves. Do you know when and what is replacing her?

Carol, I think we talked before about both being on the Fair Princess, the small rooms etc.

Oh yeah = now I remember - cuz i noticed then that you spell your name like one of my classmates - with an I.

the last sailing of the Mariner is Jan 9 2011 --

I will see if I can go on her in NOv 2010-

don't be a stranger - continue to post -

carol

Oh yeah = now I remember - cuz i noticed then that you spell your name like one of my classmates - with an I.

the last sailing of the Mariner is Jan 9 2011 --

I will see if I can go on her in NOv 2010-

don't be a stranger - continue to post -

carol

We're booked on the Mariner for October 24th 2010. Come along. :)

• 1 month later...

Hi all!

Just got back from my first Alaskan cruise. Everything was wonderful except for the two trips through Seatac. This was just my second cruise involving air travel, the first being a Caribbean cruise out of Fort Lauderdale. In both instances I had purchased transfers through Princess.

In FLL we were met by the Princess rep at the bottom of the escalator to baggage claim and, after we had our luggage, led out a door in baggage claim to the motorcoach staging area. On our return trip, we were deposited at the departure level near a skycap stand where we checked our luggage and got our boarding passes. Silly me, I figured this is how it was done everywhere.

At Seatac, the baggage carousels are roughly at the center of the airport. A very long haul with luggage to the transfer staging area at the the edge of the terminal. Reps are hard to spot as they are corporate, rather than the individual lines (Princess, HAL, Carnival, etc.).

On the return trip we were dropped off at the same staging area, two levels below ticketing. I knew I wouldn't be able to negotiate the escalator with all my luggage in tow so I opted for an elevator, as many, many, many others did. Once on the ticketing level, I found that my airline was located at the opposite end of the terminal.

That said, any experience can be a good one if you learn something from it. Princess, as many cruise lines do, has an EZ Check option where your checked bags are taken from the ship to the airport and on checked on to your final destination, plus your boarding passes are delivered to your stateroom before disembarcation. A steal at $20, but I procrastinated until the enrollment deadline had passed.

Learn from me...If you are presented with the opportunity to go from shuttle to gate unencumbered, take it!

Hope this didn't sound too whiny,

Judy

Hi all!

Just got back from my first Alaskan cruise. Everything was wonderful except for the two trips through Seatac. This was just my second cruise involving air travel, the first being a Caribbean cruise out of Fort Lauderdale. In both instances I had purchased transfers through Princess.

In FLL we were met by the Princess rep at the bottom of the escalator to baggage claim and, after we had our luggage, led out a door in baggage claim to the motorcoach staging area. On our return trip, we were deposited at the departure level near a skycap stand where we checked our luggage and got our boarding passes. Silly me, I figured this is how it was done everywhere.

At Seatac, the baggage carousels are roughly at the center of the airport. A very long haul with luggage to the transfer staging area at the the edge of the terminal. Reps are hard to spot as they are corporate, rather than the individual lines (Princess, HAL, Carnival, etc.).

On the return trip we were dropped off at the same staging area, two levels below ticketing. I knew I wouldn't be able to negotiate the escalator with all my luggage in tow so I opted for an elevator, as many, many, many others did. Once on the ticketing level, I found that my airline was located at the opposite end of the terminal.

That said, any experience can be a good one if you learn something from it. Princess, as many cruise lines do, has an EZ Check option where your checked bags are taken from the ship to the airport and on checked on to your final destination, plus your boarding passes are delivered to your stateroom before disembarcation. A steal at $20, but I procrastinated until the enrollment deadline had passed.

Learn from me...If you are presented with the opportunity to go from shuttle to gate unencumbered, take it!

Hope this didn't sound too whiny,

Judy

Thanks for the info on SeaTac. We're flying in and out of there this summer, so your experience helps me avoid any snafus. :)

• 7 months later...
I know what you mean about Mexico. We've been to Cabo so often, I think I could be a tour guide there. :D

I love this cruise. Since I live in Calif. it means I don't have to rush to an airport only to wait and be harrassed. It means I don't have to go to the expense and true inconvenience of it all. I just drive my car, drop off my luggage, park in the lot and walk across the street to the dock. LOVE IT!!!!!!

Where the ship goes doesn't matter to me.........when I do the MR it's all about the ship, food, relaxation and the pampering! The fact that I can have some interesting conversations with a foreigner or two is just a wonderful side note to the whole experience.

It's convenient; a great way to spend time on the ocean in a 5 star hotel; great food and drink; and, a wonderful opportunity to meet new friends.

I'll NEVER tire of it and hope that there will ALWAYS be a cruiseline doing this venue.

I don't need to be entertained by running around on a foreign port to be happy.

Here in Sacramento, we have to fly or drive to any port. I do miss the Monarch of the Seas. She was a real nice way to spend 3 or 4 days on a ship with a Southern California vacation. We've also taken 7 day and 10 day cruises to Mexico. We've been on 7, 10, and 14 day Alaska cruises. The 10 day Mexico and Alaska cruises have been round trip San Francisco which is a big plus for us. :)

I love this cruise. Since I live in Calif. it means I don't have to rush to an airport only to wait and be harrassed. It means I don't have to go to the expense and true inconvenience of it all. I just drive my car, drop off my luggage, park in the lot and walk across the street to the dock. LOVE IT!!!!!!

Where the ship goes doesn't matter to me.........when I do the MR it's all about the ship, food, relaxation and the pampering! The fact that I can have some interesting conversations with a foreigner or two is just a wonderful side note to the whole experience.

It's convenient; a great way to spend time on the ocean in a 5 star hotel; great food and drink; and, a wonderful opportunity to meet new friends.

I'll NEVER tire of it and hope that there will ALWAYS be a cruiseline doing this venue.

Nice to see Brenda again - love the flower! glad she is still enjoying her cruises!! carol

I know what you mean. If I wasn't with a cruise newby last November I would not have done any excursions and just stayed on the ship. ;)

I know what you mean. If I wasn't with a cruise newby last November I would not have done any excursions and just stayed on the ship. ;)

We have cruised to Mexico many times since 1994 - we didn't do the "tours" until 2009 when we were with 8 of our friends who wanted to tour all 3 of the Mexico ports we docked at ... it was fun! Oh - once in Ensenada, we actually took one of those tour buses to see the blowhorn - that was fun too -

I think I happy ON the ship, Off the ship - as long as I am on a Cruise!!

Hiya Marcia - how's the dobie baby?

carol

Nice to see Brenda again - love the flower! glad she is still enjoying her cruises!! carol

Thank you. Brenda just finished her 14th cruise. I'm hoping she'll be up to the 15th one in September. She's slowing down a bit and I'm noticing definite changes in her behavior. My application is in at CCI for a "Successor Dog" and then, Brenda will retire with DH, at home. He adores her and she feels the same. We'll see. Until then she'll be with me and I'll have to slow down in my walking pace and expectations of her. As long as she beats me to the front door, every morning, she's more than welcome to go to work with me!

Archived