Cruisers from the LEFT COAST of the USA- let's talk about our CRUISES..

cctn

I know what you mean. If I wasn't with a cruise newby last November I would not have done any excursions and just stayed on the ship. ;)

Yep! I bring a good book, I always meet new friends or I'll hibernate in my cabin, on the veranda. Doesn't matter, as long as I'm onboard!

Yep! I bring a good book, I always meet new friends or I'll hibernate in my cabin, on the veranda. Doesn't matter, as long as I'm onboard!

I also think that as long as you have Brenda with you, you are having a great time, on shore, off shore.. no matter where as long as you have her! carol

I also think that as long as you have Brenda with you, you are having a great time, on shore, off shore.. no matter where as long as you have her! carol

Carol, that is so true. She's such amazing company. She listens to everything I say; she never talks back; she's always willing to go where I go and she NEVER sticks her fork in MY plate!!!!!!

Carol, that is so true. She's such amazing company. She listens to everything I say; she never talks back; she's always willing to go where I go and she NEVER sticks her fork in MY plate!!!!!!

She sounds like my HUbby!!! ha!ha!

carol

She sounds like my HUbby!!! ha!ha!

carol

Oh! No! Although I love Hubby's......Brenda's much better. She'll never tell me; "I look funny", "slow down", "stop driving so fast", "don't eat that junk", "turn the sound down", "change the channel" and on and on!!!!!!

She just gives me that "adoring" and "I'm so grateful you're feeding me" look!!!!!!! And, every once in a while I get a solid, lick on the chin! :p I don't know about you, but it could be enough for me!!!! ;)

Oh! No! Although I love Hubby's......Brenda's much better. She'll never tell me; "I look funny", "slow down", "stop driving so fast", "don't eat that junk", "turn the sound down", "change the channel" and on and on!!!!!!

She just gives me that "adoring" and "I'm so grateful you're feeding me" look!!!!!!! And, every once in a while I get a solid, lick on the chin! :p I don't know about you, but it could be enough for me!!!! ;)

Brenda is adorable!! we miss our little Jen-dog - 1990 to 2001 -- weimeraner - cute... she was as silly as me and so lovable. She would have loved cruising - ........... carol

Brenda is adorable!! we miss our little Jen-dog - 1990 to 2001 -- weimeraner - cute... she was as silly as me and so lovable. She would have loved cruising - ........... carol

I bet you were a wonderful Mommie. I hope you have another furbaby to spoil!

I'm all about dogs, these days. Love them!

I bet you were a wonderful Mommie. I hope you have another furbaby to spoil!

I'm all about dogs, these days. Love them!

Yes, we were both great parents - when hubby retires, I think and I hope, he will get another baby we can spoil - I would love another weimeraner or those cute little cinnamon labs - we have a Brenda in the form of a "choc lab grandnephew" named Wyatt - he's a hoot -

carol

• 4 weeks later...
Arf arf !!! where's Brenda and all of our fine fur babies? and us in general!! ha!ha!

carol

Hi Carol, Brenda's napping at the moment. She's taking her morning "snore fest!" :p She'll be up around 11:00 for her jaunt outside and some ball throwing. I love watching this 11 year old dog do her thing.

I'm on the waiting list at CCI for a Successor Dog which will allow Brenda to stay at home with my retired husband while "Successor" and I go to work. I can't wrap my head around Brenda not "always" being by my side and even find myself getting tearful over it! I've never been known to be much of a "realist" but it seems when it comes to this dog I can't help myself. :o

I know that when you're around Wyatt you must get some big smiles on your face......Labs are the best!!!!!

We're pretty far from our cruise in September but it's always fun to have one to look forward to.

Talk to you soon,

Roz

Arf arf !!! where's Brenda and all of our fine fur babies? and us in general!! ha!ha!

carol

Hi Carol, I'm here and so is Pepper, he's at my feet at the moment, waiting to go for his daily walk, a few minutes ago, he was yappin at me to take that walk, so...

Virginia

Hi Carol, Brenda's napping at the moment. She's taking her morning "snore fest!" :p She'll be up around 11:00 for her jaunt outside and some ball throwing. I love watching this 11 year old dog do her thing.

I'm on the waiting list at CCI for a Successor Dog which will allow Brenda to stay at home with my retired husband while "Successor" and I go to work. I can't wrap my head around Brenda not "always" being by my side and even find myself getting tearful over it! I've never been known to be much of a "realist" but it seems when it comes to this dog I can't help myself. :o

I know that when you're around Wyatt you must get some big smiles on your face......Labs are the best!!!!!

We're pretty far from our cruise in September but it's always fun to have one to look forward to.

Talk to you soon,

Roz

I am glad Brenda will get a sibling - do you think she will get along with another baby or will she be jealous? Our friend has a 10 month old baby black lab - Daisy is her name - she has the cutest most pinkest collar!! Virginia just posted and her Pepper is a little chihuahua... carol

I am glad Brenda will get a sibling - do you think she will get along with another baby or will she be jealous? Our friend has a 10 month old baby black lab - Daisy is her name - she has the cutest most pinkest collar!! Virginia just posted and her Pepper is a little chihuahua... carol

Hi Carol, bought Pepper a blue studded collar recently, he's part chihuahua/corgi mix. He didn't like it yesterday, took him to the vet for his yearly checkup. Hope all of you are doing ok, oh it rained last night and its a bright beautiful day out.

Hi Carol, bought Pepper a blue studded collar recently, he's part chihuahua/corgi mix. He didn't like it yesterday, took him to the vet for his yearly checkup. Hope all of you are doing ok, oh it rained last night and its a bright beautiful day out.

That collar sounds cute - Pepper is up on his fashion!! yay!! it's been raining and windy here - the sun is out now but it's cold.

carol

• 3 weeks later...
That collar sounds cute - Pepper is up on his fashion!! yay!! it's been raining and windy here - the sun is out now but it's cold.

carol

Hey Carol, his harness, leash and pet snuggie are also blue, so when I take Pepper out for his walks, he's one smart lookin dog, but he hasn't been wearing his pet snuggie for awhile.

• 3 weeks later...
Hey Carol, his harness, leash and pet snuggie are also blue, so when I take Pepper out for his walks, he's one smart lookin dog, but he hasn't been wearing his pet snuggie for awhile.

Will Pepper be going on any trips soon?

How is Brenda doing, Roz...?

carol

Will Pepper be going on any trips soon?

How is Brenda doing, Roz...?

carol

Well, interesting that you bring her up......she's doing wonderfully, thank you.

My application for a Successor Dog is in and I've already been through the majority of the process, awaiting my in-person interview on June 24th. I found out that the next Team Training [this is when I have to go to Santa Rosa for 2 weeks, to be matched with a new dog] and, go through an intense learning process with that dog.

The next Team Training is during one of the weeks of our cruise. And, they won't have another class until January. It's only waiting 4 more months but the question is, will the "perfect" dog for me be in the September class? Will CCI be willing to hold "my" dog until January? You know what they say about "fate!"

I can't cancel this cruise, we have family coming on and it's been in the works for over a year. Although, she does take longer naps, she's still wanting and willing to work by my side every day.

It also means that I get to have Brenda working beside me for a little more time and I love that. There are times that I don't push her to do as much as she used to.......I can see when she's just not wanting to go into one more store with me or eating out is not as necessary as her taking just one more nap.

I get her and she gets me. She's been devoted to me for almost 9 years, it's my turn to return the favor!!!! ;)

Love Brenda - love hearing your dog stories - will be on a cruise april 10th - freedom of the seas - caribbean - will chat more when I get back!! hugs to all the dogs and their people! carol

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
Hey guys, did any of you see on the internet, about the barking Cat? Someone at work told me about it, and thought the guy was crazy, but after seeing it on the internet, had to laugh.

Old thread but I did have to add this: Back in my high school days I was in the Future Farmers of America. I raised sheep, cattle, and pigs. I had a sow who was killing her babies. Talk about no motherly instincts!:eek::eek: I had to have her put down. At that point, there were only 3 babies left. I ended up taking those 3 little pigs to my sister's house. At the time, one of her dogs had just had babies. Well, that dog adopted the three pigs. It was awesome. Those three pigs mingled right in with the puppies and learned how to bark. I still an picture those pigs out on my sister's patio chasing the puppies and barking! I always find the animal world amazing and inspiring!

• 6 months later...

Archived