Anyone tired of the menu selection?...

elgato2

My only complaint would be the desserts which 5 or 6 of the nights there's nothing I would order other than ice cream or the chocolate melting cake. The one dessert I liked the most was the caribbean chocolate cake which I don't think is on the menu anymore.

Glad I'm not the only one...judging by the responses there are a bunch that feel the same...I really enjoy CCL and of course the 'luxury' of being waited on..not having to cook, clean up etc...but I'm ready for a change...

We like to eat breakfast and lunch in the dining room also on most days...breakfast menu never changes and the eggs benedict and waffles looked and tasted like they'd been in a warmer. I remember when cruise food was comparable to 'Ruth Chris'...now it's more like 'Chili's'.

Prices have stayed the same or declined in the past 15 yrs so I guess I have to expect the quality to do the same.

We had the same problem of getting tired of the menu selection except it was when we were on RCCL. We cruised Nov, Jan, Feb and memorized EVERYTHING on the menu and have already experienced every activity that was appealing to us. That's when we knew we had to try Carnival!

The whole dessert thing cracks me up. We rarely eat dessert except on a cruise. Too many empty calories so it's a treat when we cruise. We probably shouldn't even eat it on a cruise with all the other calories we're getting.

Since some of you are so familiar with the dinner menus.... can someone post roughly what is served each evening? We are sailing on the Legend later this year and trying to plan ahead a little on what evenings we may want to do something different besides eating in the main dining room. We at least have discovered that lobster is served during the first elegant evening which is the first full day at sea. Anyone know what is on the menu the other evenings?

Maybe we've been on CCL too much lately...but I feel like I have the menu memorized. We're just off the Inspiration yesterday and I found that I was actually 'tired of the same old food'. Everything was okay...nothing was really outstanding. Anyone else feel this way?

No flames please..we had a good time..but I think we're ready for a change...

CCL is wonderful line for the $$..they really aim to please.

The Port of Tampa is awesome!..Such an easy in and out...Wish some lines would consider running a variety of longer..Southern and Eastern Carib cruises out of Tampa...think there would be a market for it. There are plenty of us old retired folk on the West Coast (FL) that prefer an Eastern Itinerary....have time for a 10-15 day cruise and love the convenience of Tampa.

Yes, the menus do get tiresome as do many other things on the ships.

I found that not sticking to just ONE cruise line alleviates the monotony.

In my view what Carnival needs to work on is their dessert menu. On virtually all of my cruises I skip dessert or have sherbert simply because nothing else is appealing.

Agreed. Some of the desserts are just too much. Then again, I've lost my sweet tooth so not many of the desserts appeal to me.

Archived