Just Booked Royal Suite On Explorer! Info/Pictures Please

Hi, We were booked in a CL on Oasis May 22 2010 for my DS college grad celebration. However, RPI just changed their academic calendar after the same for years and his graduation isn't until May 29. To sail 2 weeks later the same CL cabin was over $2000 more and it just didn't seem worth it. So, I decided to cancel (out of sheer principle, cutting off my nose to spite my face so to speak) and was so sad:(.

But alas the good luck fairy was on my side and as I was scanning the RCCL website low and behold the Royal Suite was available on Explorer for the exact dates I needed at the same price as I would have paid for the CL. And.... we got a 9 day cruise instead of 7 days and since we live in NJ no airfare or hotel costs. WooHoo!!! :D No Oasis wow factor, but I think I'll go for Allure in 2011 instead.:cool: (Thanks Jayanne for a good suggestion)

So...we are booked in the RS for the June 10 2010 sailing. I have scanned images in google and webshots but have only found a few pictures. It looks awesome from the pictures I see.

Anyone who has stayed in RS on Explorer and has pictures or information it would be greatly appreciated.:cool:

Thanks,

Laura

Hi, We were booked in a CL on Oasis May 22 2010 for my DS college grad celebration. However, RPI just changed their academic calendar after the same for years and his graduation isn't until May 29. To sail 2 weeks later the same CL cabin was over $2000 more and it just didn't seem worth it. So, I decided to cancel (out of sheer principle, cutting off my nose to spite my face so to speak) and was so sad:(.

But alas the good luck fairy was on my side and as I was scanning the RCCL website low and behold the Royal Suite was available on Explorer for the exact dates I needed at the same price as I would have paid for the CL. And.... we got a 9 day cruise instead of 7 days and since we live in NJ no airfare or hotel costs. WooHoo!!! :D No Oasis wow factor, but I think I'll go for Allure in 2011 instead.:cool: (Thanks Jayanne for a good suggestion)

So...we are booked in the RS for the June 10 2010 sailing. I have scanned images in google and webshots but have only found a few pictures. It looks awesome from the pictures I see.

Anyone who has stayed in RS on Explorer and has pictures or information it would be greatly appreciated.:cool:

Thanks,

Laura

We are also on the June 10th sailing. I was able to book the only GS on the hump last week. We booked it the same morning the schedule was released. Not sure if we are going, but at least I was able to get my cabin of choice. We have a NCL cruise booked for June also. It will be one or the other. We will have a coin toss next March. :)

Ziggypup, Totally cool! Actually I hope you go on Explorer. I think you will be our neighbor!! I know what you mean about the GS on the hump. I usually try for that very one when we go on Voyager class. Over a year is a long way away but we were thinking the same thing about snagging a prime cabin. I'm pretty sure we will be going but you never know and there is only 1 Royal Suite so I wanted to snag it. This is a celebration for my DS college grad and I'm hoping to have to a party while the ship is in port if I can. You are welcome to come visit us in the RS if you do end up going on this one. I'll start a roll call now that I know I have company! Join the roll call even if you aren't sure you will make the cruise, since you are booked at this time. :cool:

Ziggypup, Totally cool! Actually I hope you go on Explorer. I think you will be our neighbor!! I know what you mean about the GS on the hump. I usually try for that very one when we go on Voyager class. Over a year is a long way away but we were thinking the same thing about snagging a prime cabin. I'm pretty sure we will be going but you never know and there is only 1 Royal Suite so I wanted to snag it. This is a celebration for my DS college grad and I'm hoping to have to a party while the ship is in port if I can. You are welcome to come visit us in the RS if you do end up going on this one. I'll start a roll call now that I know I have company! Join the roll call even if you aren't sure you will make the cruise, since you are booked at this time. :cool:

LOL. That's funny. You are just on the other side of the elevator banks. If I am on board I promise I'll stop by and say hello. If not maybe I'll put my GS up for auction on Ebay......LOL. Since it is the only GS on the hump, maybe somebody else might want it? Rather than canceling the reservation I can just have my TA change the names. Time will tell. The other NCL cruise is a 7 night out of New York Harbor to Bermuda. I've never been to Bermuda, so 3 days in Bermuda with NCL has my eye at the moment.

Ziggypup, I'm sure you'll have a great time whichever you choose. We have been to Bermuda twice and think it's beautiful. Very clean and lovely beaches. I'm going again with my mom for 5 days on Explorer this August. I'm sure you will love Bermuda, whether for the 3 or 2 days. For us we are looking for a little more variety, especially with the "kids". So, we are also looking forward to the Bahamas. Have fun whichever you choose. Laura

Muster Station, Thanks for the link to the great pictures. I'm really looking forward to the hot tub on the deck also. It is nice that we are going to be in the RS for a 9 day cruise with lots of sea days!

Ziggypup, Even if I can't have the grad party on day of embarkation, you will be welcome to join us for sail away on the balcony if you are this cruise. Will likely do some sort of informal sail away party in the RS for family and friends (including CC friends).

This is a pretty thorough review - http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=928841 - well worth reading. Keep away from the piano.....!

Wow, thanks for the link. LOL, now I'm going to be petrified of the silly piano. We were planning on having some parties since this cruise is for my DS college grad and many family and friends are joining us. I'm thinking we need to be careful. :eek: I had never thought about the cabins below.

Wow, thanks for the link. LOL, now I'm going to be petrified of the silly piano. We were planning on having some parties since this cruise is for my DS college grad and many family and friends are joining us. I'm thinking we need to be careful. :eek: I had never thought about the cabins below.

I was IN the cabin below.............you can hear EVERYTHING! footsteps, the piano, the blasting stereo, etc!

I know you spent lots of moolah....(and i don't know you so i am trying to not be offensive....) but maybe be mindful of the clock! We really didn't hear much from the balcony however.......but we did lose more than 1 nights' sleep....and there was one that was especially bad! my mom is a seasoned citizen-and that was too stressful for her (and me)

**stepping off soapbox***

enjoy though, and congrats on the graduation.

I'm actually glad to be made aware of the issues. I was just telling my DH that we need to tell my DS and his friends to be mindful of when they "bang" on the piano. :eek: Meg, No offense taken. ;) We are spending big bucks, we work hard and have lived very modestly most of our life given our income and personal financial situation, so now, even though times are hard we thank goodness that we still are comfortable. I think of us as casual, friendly, and very unpretentious people. My husband is often "embaressed" of having nice things. I really appreciate all the input so we don't end up in an uncomfortable situation that may put a damper on this hard earned celebration. Will certainly try to be considerate of fellow passengers below us.:)

I'm actually glad to be made aware of the issues. I was just telling my DH that we need to tell my DS and his friends to be mindful of when they "bang" on the piano. :eek: Meg, No offense taken. We are spending big bucks, we work hard and have lived very modestly most of our life given our income and personal financial situation, so now, even though times are hard we thank goodness that we still are comfortable. I think of us as casual, friendly, and very unpretentious people. My husband is often "embaressed" of having nice things. I really appreciate all the input so we don't end up in an uncomfortable situation that may put a damper on this hard earned celebration. Will certainly try to be considerate of fellow passengers below us.

That's very nice! Enjoy...........(i fault RCI for not having better soundproofing....and i am not sure why one needs a piano in a cabin on a ship!!:rolleyes::confused::D......)

have fun! and have a few cappuccinos for me in the CL as we won't be getting in anymore....(and the darn machine was broken for our entire cruise!!! sheesh!)

Thanks Meg! I'll have a capuccino for you. I see we are both Jersey Bruce fans. Looking forward to seeing him in Hartford in a few weeks, got some good seats and I'll be celebrating my 50th B'day with Bruce! Take care. Laura

Thanks Meg! I'll have a capuccino for you. I see we are both Jersey Bruce fans. Looking forward to seeing him in Hartford in a few weeks, got some good seats and I'll be celebrating my 50th B'day with Bruce! Take care. Laura

yeah.....you reminded me............gotta try and scrape up a seat....i will take a crappy one too..........just wanna be IN the building...someplace....

happy bday!

Ziggypup, Even if I can't have the grad party on day of embarkation, you will be welcome to join us for sail away on the balcony if you are this cruise. Will likely do some sort of informal sail away party in the RS for family and friends (including CC friends).

Thanks, I appreciate the offer. I'll keep you informed.

Archived