Change To Pepsi

glenellen1

OH YEA!! I drink Pepsi and am not all that fond of coke but will drink it if it is all that's available. We sail on the Pearl 5/10 to Alaska and I hope the change is completed by then. :D

Shankiko

WOW, it's hard for me to believe people are so anti coke or pepsi... I buy what's on sale or most times the store brand. But I will admit that a RC cola and a Moonpie are great snacks on a hot afternoon. I guess if we were all the same life would be boring.....

We used to buy the soda program then decided we were drinking way too much pop, just trying to get our money's worth. Now I pack a couple 20 oz bottles and that lasts us until the first port where I might buy one or two more.

Not a big deal, although to throw my hat in the either/or ring, we are Coke fans.

I can tolerate fountain Coke' date=' but I don't like it from a can. I love Pepsi either way. This is a great change for me! :D[/quote']

ditto :D. i would think they would have to have coke onboard for the drinks, rum and coke and others. but give me my pepsi.

the reason i like pepsi is because it is not as sweet as coke to me. i want some zing when i drink my soda. especially on a hot day ;).

just got off the phone with NCL and they say the do not have an official date for the change over. I did read somewhere that one of the ships did change already but NCL says none of the ships have changed over. So I guess we will have to wait for people to get of the ships to tell us. We are on the Pearl 6/14 and only drink coke. Sop i hope they don't change till later.

Ok, I don't drink a lot of soda to be honest, but when I do, it's always Pepsi (Diet Pepsi)

For all these years, we Pepsi lovers have had to put up with Coke on ALL the cruise lines. We never complained, we just drank the dang Coke (or switched to vodka :p:p)

So...I find it funny how the Coke people are getting all freaked out.

and BTW, I always drink rum & Pepsi, not rum & Coke. Toss a big slice of lime in there and I'm good to go :)

just got off the phone with NCL and they say the do not have an official date for the change over. I did read somewhere that one of the ships did change already but NCL says none of the ships have changed over. So I guess we will have to wait for people to get of the ships to tell us. We are on the Pearl 6/14 and only drink coke. Sop i hope they don't change till later.

There's a poster on here who is an employee on the Pride of America who said that ship had switched very recently. Maybe NCL America switched, but NCL hasn't?

--Michael

Rule number 1 in dealing with NCL customer service is believe nothing they tell you. I love cruising on NCL, but their customer service is just flat out awful. To be fair, the customer service at the majority of companies seems to be awful. Poorly trained reps who don't last very long on the job.

There's a poster on here who is an employee on the Pride of America who said that ship had switched very recently. Maybe NCL America switched, but NCL hasn't?

--Michael

Here's exactly what nclOhiocruiser said, and it involves the entire NCL fleet:

The POA has already changed, Jewel is doing it now and the rest of the fleet should be done by the end of April.

I wonder what Pepsi gave NCL to change?? I've sold soda and know that the bev. industry is cut-throat..

If you think about how much soda NCL must buy in a year, even something as simple as a relatively minor price difference can generate significant additional profit for NCL.

Rum & Pepsi just doesn't have quite the same ring to it.:(

True...it's much more melodic!

I'm glad to hear it personally (although I usually drink beer ;)). Coke gives me acid. :D

Dont forget the people at the port will "sample" your coke even if its sealed. lol So bring a extra

Are you serious? I've never seen this and must admit to carrying my caffeine-free diet coke onboard Holland America and Carnival. My upcoming cruise is 12 nights and I would be unhappy without some diet coke:eek:.

Ok, I don't drink a lot of soda to be honest, but when I do, it's always Pepsi (Diet Pepsi)

For all these years, we Pepsi lovers have had to put up with Coke on ALL the cruise lines. We never complained, we just drank the dang Coke (or switched to vodka :p:p)

So...I find it funny how the Coke people are getting all freaked out.

and BTW, I always drink rum & Pepsi, not rum & Coke. Toss a big slice of lime in there and I'm good to go :)

What did you expect. The are just as picky about which brand of bottled water they drink as well. Many would say they prefer Coca Cola, won't drink Pepsi, yet will only drink Deja Blue, a Dr Pepper product over Evian, a Coke product.... Go figure.

Soda is soda. Water is water. Yes there is a slight difference in taste to prefer one over the other. Enough of a taste difference not to drink it? If you handed them a soda unmarked in a glass, many would drink it thinking its Pepsi and others would drink it thinking its Coca Cola. Of course the answer was you handed them the Walmart brand.

Archived