What is something new you will do or try to do on your next cruise?

Roadtripster

We try to do something new on every cruise. Last cruise we went to a resort in Jamaica that had a nude beach, that was great. Next cruise I want to make love to my wife either on our balcony or the Lido deck.

Don't look at me that way, thats what you all were thinking too, I was just brave enough to say it!:p

We try to do something new on every cruise. Last cruise we went to a resort in Jamaica that had a nude beach, that was great. Next cruise I want to make love to my wife either on our balcony or the Lido deck.

Don't look at me that way, thats what you all were thinking too, I was just brave enough to say it!:p

On your balcony, OK. But I hope not on the Lido deck.

This is a true story...A number of years ago, a couple were apparently misbehaving late at night out by the hot tub. Apparently they were having a friend take pictures of them. Now, this was years before everyone had a digital camera, and the way they got caught was because they took their film to the ship's photo shop to be developed. (LOL)

The ship's staff was furious, and the couple got put off the ship in Curacao and had to pay their own way home.

My last cruise, I finally took a lot of food photos! No one could eat until photos of everything were taken! Now, I'd like to actually journal. I've tried this a couple of times, and I just end up finding much more interesting things to do.........

I've tried many different foods while cruising, and escargot is one of them (and I like 'em). I got someone else in our party to try them too, and he likes them. DS discovered he liked crab legs on a cruise a few years ago.

I am going to try cruising with my child for the first time and also doing the anytime dining.

Oh, and I'm trying Carnival for the first time after swearing I never would. (Yes, I was being a snob....)

This is such a great question! I really enjoyed reading everyone's responses.

I recently bought a little journal for my upcoming cruise so that's something I'd like to try for the first time while traveling. I'm also planning on taking a tour of a brewery in Bermuda which is something I've never done at home. And last, I plan on taking a lot more pics than usual. I always take pictures but I end up going home and always wishing I had more.

I have never eaten it before I went on my first cruise. And I really liked eatting those snails(as long as I don't have to pull them out of the shells). They remind me of mushrooms. I hope you keep an open mind when you try new things. I am very picky so I understand.

Dana

Not our upcoming cruise, but the next one I really want to try Scuba diving. My DH has been discouraging me because he thinks I won't be able to handle the weight of the equipment (I have fibromyalgia and don't weigh much). But I've seen people with disabilities scuba, so I think I could do it. I love snorkeling and I think I would really love scuba! Here fishy, fishy, fishy :D

I would really like to try climbing the rock wall and go ziplining, but I have a fear of heights. Sometimes I just freeze up and can't move. When I was younger I climbed everything and didn't have this fear, where did it come from?

I've been enjoying everyone's answers. On my next cruise, I plan to do some whale-watching, which I've never had the opportunity to do.

To the poster who said he/she was going to journal things: great idea! I started doing it on trips a few years ago, and you'll be amazed at how much you capture that otherwise you would forget almost immediately. Take the time to write down more than "Climbed mountain on island." It's the small moments, the conversations with interesting people, which are fleeting unless you capture them.

To those who are hesitant about escargot: I adore them. They don't have much of a flavor on their own, they convey other flavors (like garlic butter) to the mouth. If they are chewy, they have been overdone. And I have NO idea what the "popping sound" is that one poster described. I have never encountered that. The shells aren't meant to be eaten. :D

I would really like to try climbing the rock wall and go ziplining, but I have a fear of heights. Sometimes I just freeze up and can't move. When I was younger I climbed everything and didn't have this fear, where did it come from?

From learning the concept of mortality, no doubt. The young tend to be vague on that. :p

I am "assuming" you join by making love on the balcony of your stateroom.

I was kidding, lol :D. There are tons of things I want to try, I would love to zip line and parasail. On the RCL ships I would try the rock climing and flow rider. Now that I'm learning how to swim (I know, I know, I'm old, should be ashamed :o), I would also love to try snorkeling.

We always plan on going to the shows... but end up just hanging out somewhere outside on deck instead. So maybe this time we'll see them.

Also, we're planning on swimming with the stingrays... how cool!;)

Archived