Lunch on Sea Days?

brennan5!

If you decide to have lunch in the dining room on a sea day, can you eat at either one? I'll be on the Triumph and have been assigned to the London Dining Room, but I've heard the view from the Paris dining room is awesome so I was wondering if I could have lunch in that dining room even though I'm not assigned there.....

Lisa.

I'm not possitive, but I think you're supposed to eat in whichever dinning room you're assigned to. At breakfast and lunch you may not be at the same table you're assigned to for dinner though. Again, I don't know 100%, but that was the impression I had from the cruises I've been on.

It depends on whether it is an "open" seating or not. This is usually the case on port days.

When there is open seating, typically only one of the two dining rooms will be serving.

Otherwise you would go to your assigned table at the assigned time, just like for dinner.

When we were on the Elation last year, they had one dining room open at lunch with open seating. I guess there just weren't enough people eating to open both dining rooms. On all our other cruises, we always sat at our regular table but not last time. Both breakfast and lunch had open seating in one dining room. Actually, we enjoyed meeting new people that way.

While the lido deck dining options are very good, the lunch in the dining room(open seating) is fabulous. The breakfast is excellent as well, eggs benedict(ask for extra Hollandaise), lox, white fish, and very good waffles.

On the Destiny, each day for Breakfast and Lunch only one dining room was open and it was open seating- not assigned dinner tables. It gave you the opportunity to meet others in a meal setting and was quite nice. Dinner on the first night was also open seating in your assigned dining room. I believe that each ship could handle this a bit different depending on the itinerary and when you set sail.

Archived