Explorer of the seas?? Teens?

Thinking about going on Explorer of the seas 9 night cruise from NJ in March. Everything works out great with my teen boys spring break but are hesitate in booking this cruise because there might not be many teens aboard... Any help/previous experience thanks Also any guess on how many teens/kids are typically aboard during spring break

Dates (March 19-28)

If it's in the Spring Break area, there should be plenty of other families like you taking advantage of the kids' time off from school. I cruised the Explorer as a teen and met all kinds of people my age, even when it wasn't spring break. I'm sure your boys will have a blast. :) Happy cruising.

We just returned this past Sunday from Explorer's March 27-April 5 9-day with our 12 year old daughter.

We were told by Explorer teen staff that there were 300 kids between the age of 12 and 17 onboard.

I think our cruise is comparable to next year's March 19-March 28 cruise that you are considering because it was really the week before spring break starts up here, just like the March 19, 2010 cruise will be.

So, I'm not sure if you consider 300 to be "many teens" or not. Our daughter was able to make some friends her age and we were happy with it.

Hope this helps,

Chris

Archived