Whats with the pools

4sariba

As long as there are fresh water showers provided I don't mind the saltwater pools. And don't just blame the diaper wearing for fouling the water. The passanger manifest is made up of a cross section of society, good and bad, sanitary and not so sanitary. Enjoy your swim.:D

Why? Have you ever swam in one? Did you know that saltwater or sea water pools were actually the norm at many resorts until the 1950s?

LOL No, I've never been in a seawater pool...I'm not complaining..it just surprised me!;) I don't mind the ocean so i'm sure that a sea water pool isn't going to bother me!

I agree. I would rather have seawater and know that it's emptied and refilled daily than to swim in the same water all week, even if it was treated. We are talking about approximately 2000 people swimming in that pool.

Soooo you have never been a land resort pool:confused: I would rather swim in a chemically treated filtered pool with a large amount of bodies......but that's just me.....

Chlorine is actually not good for humans. So I prefer saltwater/seawater pools and I am glad that Carnival doesn't have fresh water pools.

Carnival does use chlorine in the pools. That many bodies in such a small amount of water would get nasty very quickly. They use an automated system that meters enough chlorine to keep it relatively clean.

And BTW, it's also easier to float in salt or sea water than fresh.

That's what I was going to say...it's amazing the bouyancy you have in sea water vs fresh water.

Chlorine is actually not good for humans. So I prefer saltwater/seawater pools and I am glad that Carnival doesn't have fresh water pools.

Ditto :)

Uh oh........and I have been drinking water for how long:confused:

Good point. City water is treated with it, but not at swimming pool levels unless you get your drinking water from the town pool :eek:

I should clarify that they do not add chlorine to the pools, but they use a chlorine generator that extracts chlorine from the saltwater. This is an automatic system that maintains the proper ph and chlorine levels for reasonably healthy pool water. (I used to work for a pool water testing facility)

Good point. City water is treated with it, but not at swimming pool levels unless you get your drinking water from the town pool :eek:

I should clarify that they do not add chlorine to the pools, but they use a chlorine generator that extracts chlorine from the saltwater. This is an automatic system that maintains the proper ph and chlorine levels for reasonably healthy pool water. (I used to work for a pool water testing facility)

My dog has been drinking out of my pool since he was born....he will be 10 next month:D

Is there any place you have not worked:confused::p

My dog has been drinking out of my pool since he was born....he will be 10 next month

Is there any place you have not worked

My dog drinks out of the toilet, but that doesn't make it right. :p :p

I used to work in a panty hose factory as a diesel fitter. When the panty hose came to the end of the line, just before they would put them in the container, I would hold them up and say "Yep, diesel fitter". :D

My dog drinks out of the toilet, but that doesn't make it right. :p :p

I used to work in a panty hose factory as a diesel fitter. When the panty hose came to the end of the line, just before they would put them in the container, I would hold them up and say "Yep, diesel fitter". :D

Never said it was right........just not dangerous or fatal:p

ROFLMAO!!!

They still make pantyhose:confused:

but Carnival doesn't have freshwater pools.

Pool Pilot is Carnival Cruise

Line's pool purifier system!

Hmmmm.......well then it must work for them. Didn't think you could use those units in sea water. Would think the sea water would do some corrosion damage......unless they are flushed out often with freshwater?

Hmmmm.......well then it must work for them. Didn't think you could use those units in sea water. Would think the sea water would do some corrosion damage......unless they are flushed out often with freshwater?

Perhaps mr pantyhose can 'splain?

I have been on 3 Carnival and 2 Royal. Why is it that the Carnival ships are still using salt water in pools. This was a nice touch in the Royal ships. especially in the H20 zone. Anyone know if they are making plans to do this as well?

All Royal Caribbean ships don't have freshwater pools. Independence of the Seas is the only one.

Disney Magic and Wonder are also fresh water along with RCCL Freedom, Independence and Liberty of the Seas. And coming up Oasis will have freshwater.

The rest of the RCCL ships are salt water (sea water)

I would prefer that Carnival went to freshwater but it's not a make or break deal for me. ;)

The only Royal Caribbean ship that has freshwater pools is the Independece of the Seas.

The people who want freshwater are the people that go on sightseeing and shopping excursions. You are in the Caribbean. You can get fresh water in your shower or at home. Get over it or go on RCI and leave the Fun Ships for those that enjoy them. I suggest you enjoy the sea for the short time you are there. :cool:

Before my first cruise, when I learned that Carnival had salt water pools, I was really bummed and was thinking I would hate it. Two cruises later, and I have yet to even try the pools! Not because of it being salt water, but just because I always seem to lounge the day away on my deck chair. Sooo...I guess the salt water thing hasn't really been that big of a deal for me! But I'm determined to at least get in the pool for the first time in October!

I have been on 3 Carnival and 2 Royal. Why is it that the Carnival ships are still using salt water in pools. This was a nice touch in the Royal ships. especially in the H20 zone. Anyone know if they are making plans to do this as well?

I prefer Saltwater pools. Chlorine is hard on your skin, and really hard on the bathing suit. The best pools use salt instead of Bromine and Chlorine in their pools.

Nope, it's pretty much seawater. It's a clean-feeling seawater, though, if that makes sense. Really just feels like water with salt in it - doesn't feel as dirty as ocean water.

That is because when you get about 20 miles offshore the ocean water is crystal clear and not full of gunk!

Archived