Ochos Rios Beach

emsee44

My wife and I are cruising in January with 2 other couples and are stopping in Ochos Rios. We enjoy sitting on nice beaches with watersports and eating luch at a restaurant on the beach. Can anyone suggest a beach where we wouldnt have a problem because we are from a cruise?

We were just in Ocho Rios on Monday and spent the day at Mahogany Beach. It was NICE! Not really crowded at all. They had a restaurant/bar - had our own server throughout the day that tended to our every need. (we were a group of 14!) You could get a massage (cheaper than the cruiseline). They had watersports available and will even take you on a trip to Dunns River Falls for $35 per person. It cost us $4 per person via taxi with no cost to enter the beach. Only about 10 minutes from the pier.

I would highly recommend this beach to anyone.

We too stopped at Mahogany beach a few weeks ago. It is not big but big enough as it does not get crowded. Just watch out for large rocks or coral in the water. I just saw jet ski's for rent of the left hand side. There may be rental of snorkel gear too but that was behind us and I was not paying attention.

Bon Voyage

• 4 weeks later...

One of the things that we didn't like about the Margaritaville beach was the large rocks. The water wasn't as clear as the Jamaican water that we have seen on our previous visit to one of the resort beaches. I remember that water being warm and extra clear.

Could you tell me if Mahagony beach is same as or better than the Margaritaville beach?

We are taking a tour of Jamaica with Ionie McBeam wile in Jamaica. First we are stopping at the falls and then Mahogany beach. I have tried to look up info on this beach and really can't find any. If anyone has any info I would appreciate it. How clear is the water, and what is the beach like. I would love to see pictures but can't find any. TIA.

Archived