Celebrity Vs holland America

quanmama

Hi all,

After being on Princess cruises 4 times, we are ready to try another cruise line.

We have an almost 7 years old boy. He loved the kids program on Princess.

Do you think Celebrity is more family oriented compared to Holland America? Or vice versa?

How are the kids programs on each?

I haven't been on HAL but I can tell you about Celebrity. My DD was 8 yo when we 1st sailed on Celebrity and she loved the kids club. In fact, Celebrity has become her favorite cruise line.

I was also impressed with Celebrity. I found their kids staff to be professional and engaging. The physical area was very inviting and they had many different activites. In addition, the rest of the cruise staff couldn't have been nicer to my DD. They treated her like royalty (which, on the cruise is great but don't get used to it kiddo!).

I have been on both cruise lines. I would go with Celebrity over HAL. The number of children on board will range based on time of year but we have found more children on Celebrity and it to be a better program than HAL's program.

I do think that Princess has one of the better children's programs but I think you will be pleased with the one offered by Celebrity.

Keith

I haven't been on HAL but I can tell you about Celebrity. My DD was 8 yo when we 1st sailed on Celebrity and she loved the kids club. In fact, Celebrity has become her favorite cruise line.

I was also impressed with Celebrity. I found their kids staff to be professional and engaging. The physical area was very inviting and they had many different activites. In addition, the rest of the cruise staff couldn't have been nicer to my DD. They treated her like royalty (which, on the cruise is great but don't get used to it kiddo!).

I had the same experience with my son, who was 4 yo last summer when we cruised with Celebrity. My son loved the cruise so much that this year we are going again. And I think one very important thing really was the kids club. He really liked it. In fact, he brought a lot of "souvenirs" that the girls gave him on his last day and he keeps wearing those things (t-shirt, wallet, pillow) and he talks about going back to boat X. :)

The staff was really nice, the activities on board were great and very well organised and my son loved everything. I recently asked him why he liked it so much and he just said "because it was fun".

This year we are going with NCL, mostly because of the price/itinerary and I've already explained to him that it won't be the same boat - I wish it could be. :)

Hi, Quanmama! We haven't been on HAL with our kids but as you may remember we did the Mediterranean cruise on the Celebrity Summit last summer. Our younger DD (then age 7) loved it, to the point where she begged to be left in the Fun Factory all day instead of taking one of our all day shore excursions. What ships/itineraries are you looking at?

--Mary

Hi, Quanmama! We haven't been on HAL with our kids but as you may remember we did the Mediterranean cruise on the Celebrity Summit last summer. Our younger DD (then age 7) loved it, to the point where she begged to be left in the Fun Factory all day instead of taking one of our all day shore excursions. What ships/itineraries are you looking at?

--Mary

Hi Mary,

I have been looking at different ships and itineraries. Celebrity has a perfect itinerary next summer on Equinox. My DH wants me to look at different cruiselines and compare. We have always been Princess fans but now are ready to try another cruiseline. Nothing really set yet.

Archived