Beer on the Pearl/NCL

Elde

Back again with another question.... :)

My Lady and I were watching Cruise Inc last night and fell to talking about the alcohol onboard. Now we aren't heavy drinkers by any means, but we are beer snobs if you will - living in one of the epicenters of the craft brew revolution we've been quite spoiled.

I see the wines and liquors frequently discussed here, and NCL even provides lists of what is available... But watching the show last night we saw pretty much only bulk quantities of mass market swill. In one brief shot, I thought I saw a Sam Adams label (which is pretty much at the bottom of the craft beer hierarchy)...

So, what kind of beers can we expect to find? Is there a list anywhere?

(And thanks for the patience and flood of information you have all provided... I've been trying to 'give back' over on the Seattle boards.)

Try the Alaskan Amber.

Only one variety is available on the Pearl.

While in Seattle or in any of the ports of call you are able to get some of the specialties.

I need an Oatmeal Stout!

I do not drink a lot of beer, sorry, I like Samuel Adams, especially the specialties.

Introduced to SA in a little stall in Quincy Market in Boston. Samuel Adams on tap and peel your own shrimp. Thought I died and went to heaven!

Swill is a good description of what is mostly available.

You might find ONE regional label from the ships recent itinerary.

I've not been on the Pearl. Other NCL ships have a psuedo-Brit pub. There , it is possible to find a few labels and maybe perchance a tap that is drinkable. Said pub will have a SLIGHTLY better selection than anywhere else on board.

On a recent Dawn sailing I could get a Murphy's Stout on tap. They had a couple of euro wheat beers. Cannot remember the labels, as I avoid wheat beers like the plague. Guinness Export Stout is different from the Guinness Stout available stateside.

You're gonna see a LOT of BudLight aluminum bottle-shaped cans. Wear dark glasses and its not so horrible a sight:D

I know I had Boddingtons at the pool bar on the Sky last month, and I recall a few others not on the 'Swill List'. Red Stripe, I think. I wish I could remember more but I mostly drink whiskey with an occasional beer.

Archived