Am I going to be allowed to....

I agree that you should be able to take pics anywhere you want. You could ask or have the friend ask. But, from Grace Murray Hopper:

It is often easier to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission.

Take the pictures and if anyone says anything respond with an "I'm Sorry". (And you still have the pics:p)

Charlie

take pictures at a friend's vow renewal ceremony? I didn't know if, since there may be a ship's photographer present, I'd still be allowed to use my camera to take shots. Anyone? Thanks.

On a Carnival cruise, the mother of the bride took pictures of her daughters wedding. The photographer took her memory card out of her camera. The reason he took it was because he was taking pictures of the wedding. She was also having a fit because the pictures were going to cost more money than she was willing to pay. This was posted here on CC. How true any of it really was, I have no idea.

I have also read here that you are not allowed to take pictures when the photographers are taking all those pictures on the ship. Appareantly they are in the mind set that you are using their lighting and setting.

Have a wonderful cruise,

My sister got married on the Sensation last year and Carnival did supply a photographer, however we took our own along with video as well as there wasn't any problem. If you do buy the photos, you can get a release form so you can make as many copies as you want of the pics they take (they did a really good job too!)

take pictures at a friend's vow renewal ceremony? I didn't know if, since there may be a ship's photographer present, I'd still be allowed to use my camera to take shots. Anyone? Thanks.

For the price they charge for the vow renewal you should be able to take photos! :eek:

my mom got married on a Royal Caribbean ship a couple years ago and we all took a ton pictures

of course, I know that's not Carnival but it seems like they would have similar rules

On a Carnival cruise, the mother of the bride took pictures of her daughters wedding. The photographer took her memory card out of her camera. The reason he took it was because he was taking pictures of the wedding. She was also having a fit because the pictures were going to cost more money than she was willing to pay. This was posted here on CC. How true any of it really was, I have no idea.

I have also read here that you are not allowed to take pictures when the photographers are taking all those pictures on the ship. Appareantly they are in the mind set that you are using their lighting and setting.

Have a wonderful cruise,

I have heard of people trying to use the backdrops for pictures and being told no. It makes sense and I have no problem with that.

Also, if there is a professional photographer there (and I believe that a photo is part of the renewal package) it would IMHO be improper to do anything that would get in the way of their work such as moving in front of the photog.

I can't imagine that the photographer would stop taking the pics that they needed to remove a chip from someone else's camera.

To the OP - I would just be discreet in the use of my camera. If it looked to be a problem you have 2 choices. Give up the chip or just walk out.

Charlie

I would love to see any photographer try to take my memory card out of my camera. I don't buy that story. Asking someone to not take pics because it's interfering with their pics they are taking, yes. Telling someone to turn over their property to them, no.

I would love to see any photographer try to take my memory card out of my camera. I don't buy that story. Asking someone to not take pics because it's interfering with their pics they are taking, yes. Telling someone to turn over their property to them, no.

You really had to be here to read this womans tale of her daughters wedding. She got a lot of flack for what she did. I would honestly not be surprised if he did take the memory card. She was taking pictures using his lighting and background and that is not allowed. She was refusing to pay for the pictures he took.

I don't believe it either.......we took plenty of pics at our sons wedding on board......yes he had shipboard photographer too.......

We did a vow renewal on the Elation out of Galveston about 4 years ago, one of my guest politely ask the photographer if they could take pictures, they were allowed to take candid shots at the venue, they were not able to follow the photographer around to the different sets around the ship such as the props they use each night to take the photos they sell,So I feel if you assure the photographer that you wont "steal" thier action it should be fine.

I don't believe it either.......we took plenty of pics at our sons wedding on board......yes he had shipboard photographer too.......

And the photographer was getting paid. The woman refused to pay for the pictures, that is why he took the memory card out of her camera. He told her that when she paid for the pictures that he took, she could have it back.

How could he take the card out of her camera. She'd have to willingly hand it over just because he told her to. I'm sure he didn't physically take it from her by force and remove the card. She should have just refused to hand it over. Let him call security, unless it's in writing in their contract that she couldn't take pics, there's nothing legally he could do.

But I don't know the whole story so no idea what's true or not.

And the photographer was getting paid. The woman refused to pay for the pictures, that is why he took the memory card out of her camera. He told her that when she paid for the pictures that he took, she could have it back.

Still, that photog would have had a lot more to worry about than getting paid if he tried to take the memory card out of my camera...trust me on that.

You don't pay for pics until after they are developed .........which in our case was the next day........so this can't be true.......

How could he take the card out of her camera. She'd have to willingly hand it over just because he told her to. I'm sure he didn't physically take it from her by force and remove the card. She should have just refused to hand it over. Let him call security, unless it's in writing in their contract that she couldn't take pics, there's nothing legally he could do.

But I don't know the whole story so no idea what's true or not.

I have no idea how he got the MC out of her camera, but she claimed he did. She was not going to pay for those pictures and he made sure she did not have any until they were paid for. I think legally he had every right to take the MC and not give it back until she paid for the pictures.

I am sure she left out a lot of what really happened. But I can see him taking the MC out of the camera. She could have left it lay, any number of ways he could have gotten it. The bill was over $2,000.00 if I remember right. She "claimed" she never signed a contract :rolleyes: How do you have a wedding on a cruise ship w/o signing a contract?

Archived