Should I be concerned?

kwajgirl

The carnival website is listing my cabin as TBA. I booked a specific room with my TA. I called her to verify my room number after I noticed this on Carnival.com. She assured me my room was reserved (E9). I assumed that it would eventually update on carnival.com but a month later it still says TBA. Has this ever happened to anyone else? I am especially concerned now that they changed 5A's to 4 somethings (inside)within the last week. :confused: I do not want to end up with an inside when I booked a porthole.

You can't discuss this with Carnival as you booked with a TA. The TA gets paid to take care of such things, not Carnival.

Contact your TA and demand that he/she confirm your cabin with Carnival. All it should require is a phone call...

I believe Carnival considers portholes as inside rooms. At least that is what they told me when I booked one. So even though it says inside you will probably still be getting your porthole cabin. I like the portholes myself.Great place to stash your suitcase.:)

I have the same thing happening. As soon as I booked it, that cabin disappeared from the list of available cabins, but I know that doesn't mean anything.

My TA has called Carnival and confirmed that we have this cabin.

Nevertheless, it's still showing as a TBA on Carnival's website.

nitenurs2,

When do you sail? I am not really worried about having the exact cabin that I booked, I am concerned that I will end up with another cabin in the 4D category which could be a true inside cabin. I would be very dissappointed

This happened to us when we were part of a group cruise. Even though we paid full deposit at the time of booking and selected a specific cabin, it showed TBA until well after final payment and just before our e-docs were available online.

We booked through a TA also for the July 4th sailing on Freedom. I already completed my docs and it still says TBA on the CCL site on the stateroom. I am not worried because its confirmed with my TA who I trust. If you confirmed yours also don't worry, the countdown is on for an awsome trip.:D

We are not part of a group.

You are not part of the group, BUT the TA may have booked you as part of a group of cabins that the travel agency purchases. They get a better price plus get to keep the value of the amenity points.

This will cause your booking to be TBA until such time as all parties have paid their final payment. It usually takes a couple of weeks after final payment for it to show up.

Dave

E9 isn't your cabin number...it's your cabin class. You may have been booked on a GTY which means you have at least an E9. If you wanted a specific cabin you should call your TA back.

Huh? E9 is not a cabin class, it is in fact a cabin number.

Sounds like the OP's TA made a group booking to get a better deal on rates. We've had specific cabins booked on all of our group cruises, and every time it says TBA until about 45 days out when the cabin number shows up.

If the TA is saying you have E9, your confirmation says E9, and you can't book E9 anywhere, you're fine. :)

Archived