Liberty of the Seas - LIVE 11 Apr 09

Hi All,

I will be posting LIVE from the Liberty of the Seas this Sunday. This is our first cruise on Liberty but not new to RCI. If you have any particular questions or information you want me to find out for you while on board, please don't hesitate to ask. We are staying in an E2 balcony cabin on the hump and are diamond C&A members. Our itinerary is San Juan, PR, St Maarten and Labadee. We are going to Orient Beach in St Maarten, shopping in Old San Juan (been there several times/seen it all) and we are doing the Zipline while in Labadee, wish me luck!

Happy Holidays and Happy Cruising!!! :D;)

We are on the same cruise in May. Let us know how you like the itinerary.

Usually we are on the hump as you however this criuse we have a corner aft on deck 7. Cannot wait to drink coffee on the larger balcony in morning. LOL

Tim

We are on the same cruise in May. Let us know how you like the itinerary.

Usually we are on the hump as you however this criuse we have a corner aft on deck 7. Cannot wait to drink coffee on the larger balcony in morning. LOL

Tim

Tim, don't know if you had a chance to read my review or not, but we did this same itinerary on the LOS 1/31/09 and we were in cabin 7708, corner aft, and our friends were in the opposite corner, I think 7408.

The link to my review is at the bottom in my signature and there's lots of pictures, including pics of the cabin.

Have fun,

Tim

Will definitely come back with answers to your questions all. Thanks!

Annefran, looking forward to your live reports. It's like I get to go all over again. Can't wait!!

Oh, by the way, April 11 is my birthday, so I'll expect a virtual birthday cake in the main dining room. I prefer chocolate! It's okay if they sing, too.

Tim

Hi All,

I will be posting LIVE from the Liberty of the Seas this Sunday. This is our first cruise on Liberty but not new to RCI. If you have any particular questions or information you want me to find out for you while on board, please don't hesitate to ask. We are staying in an E2 balcony cabin on the hump and are diamond C&A members. Our itinerary is San Juan, PR, St Maarten and Labadee. We are going to Orient Beach in St Maarten, shopping in Old San Juan (been there several times/seen it all) and we are doing the Zipline while in Labadee, wish me luck!

Have a great time! We sail aboard LOS in 16 days.

Let me know how you like the zipline. We are booked to do that.

Tim, don't know if you had a chance to read my review or not, but we did this same itinerary on the LOS 1/31/09 and we were in cabin 7708, corner aft, and our friends were in the opposite corner, I think 7408.

The link to my review is at the bottom in my signature and there's lots of pictures, including pics of the cabin.

Have fun,

Tim

Tim, you are right the other cabin is 7408, THAT IS OURS!!!

Looking forward to looking at your review and pics. THANKS!

Tim

I will definately be looking forward to your posts - we sail her next Saturday ( April 18/09)!! This is our first cruise, so not sure exactly what to expect, though we have had plenty of advice and info on here...the more you can tell, the better!!!

Have a fantastic time!!! :)

Thanks for all the well wishes everyone. I will try to post at least once a day, usually after our early dinner seating and before the production shows etc.

See you soon Anne! :D This time tomorrow I will be on my way to the airport! YIPPEEEEE!!!!! Liberty, here we come!

See you soon Anne! :D This time tomorrow I will be on my way to the airport! YIPPEEEEE!!!!! Liberty, here we come!

Hi All,

I will be posting LIVE from the Liberty of the Seas this Sunday. This is our first cruise on Liberty but not new to RCI.

AnneFran & Julie, and Bonnie Voyager;

Have a great cruise!

Morning All,

I thought I'd start posting today for our cruise. I'm working a half day. Busy day ahead, getting a manicure, see my DD's lacrosse game and then home to pack. Our car service is picking us up at 7am tomorrow to head to Newark Airport. So far conditions are good and we shouldn't have any delays but hey it's NEWARK :rolleyes:. We opted to fly into Ft Lauderdale vs. Miami because I got a better deal for the flights. We are taking a car service over to our hotel, Holiday Inn in Miami across from Bayside Mall. Depending on how late we get in (1:30ish), we may head over to South Beach for the day. But we have to be back by dinnertime, DD likes to go to the Hard Rock Cafe for dinner. It's a tradition every time we cruise out of Miami, kids! On Satuday, will take a short walk into town to grab breakfast and buy a 12 pack of water. I have a small gym bag to put it in and check it with our luggage. We plan on being on board around lunchtime. Will try to do my first LIVE posting from the Liberty that night. More to follow, Happy Cruising!

We are thinking of staying at the Holiday Inn in Miami, let us know what you think of the hotel? We would like to be close to Bayside.

We are staying there at the end of the month this will be the third time for us... always found it to be clean and good for a night or two. And you can not beat the location!

A word of caution: They book up fast ans they are popular with the cruise crowd... We made our ressie a year ago but then again we are traveling with 43!

We are thinking of staying at the Holiday Inn in Miami, let us know what you think of the hotel? We would like to be close to Bayside.

We have stayed at this hotel three different time and it works for us. It is a 5 star, no, is it clean, yes.

It is just blocks from the port. If you decide to stay there, ask for a port view and on a higher floor so you can wake up and see your ship in the morning.

Tim

Thanks, Anne, really looking forward to following this thread. We're doing the same itinerary May 9th. Some folks on our Roll Call are interested in finding out about the entertainment on this cruise. Anything you can find out will be appreciated. Have a wonderful cruise and save some food and foo-foo drinks for us. Bon Voyage!

Tflo,

Your review was just amazing - I had not seen it before. Can you or anyone answer two questions? Which nights are the Formal nights, and how did you contact Jose in San Juan for the Segway tour?

Formal nights are 2 and 5 on the current itinerary it is scheduled to change itinerary the first of May. We are also doing Segway made our ressie directly with him before he entered into aggreement with RCCL but we just emailed him made ressies about a year ago for end of this month

Tflo,

Your review was just amazing - I had not seen it before. Can you or anyone answer two questions? Which nights are the Formal nights, and how did you contact Jose in San Juan for the Segway tour?

Thanks so much. Glad you enjoyed it.

As someone already stated, formal nights were 2 and 5.

As far as Jose, I can give you his web address, but since he now has a contract with RCI, you have to book through the ship. He's not allowed to take any clients through his company, unless, of course, you're leaving out of San Juan and you take the tour before you get on the ship.

We had to book with him through RCI. I think it's like $20 more that way, but it was well worth it.

Tim

Thank you so much Tflo. I will book through the ship. Hopefully, that is. Right now, even though we are less than 120 days out, I cannot get the website to take my reservation. :eek: After your review, I can't wait to sail on the Liberty!

Archived