A Word About Formal Night Appearance

FNSIII

That is a good one! :)

With my kids, there are usually two things that are running through their minds when encountering a situation like this with me (or their dad). The first is ...OMG I am embarrassed. The second is ... OMG, will this be "ME" when I am that age???

Like I wasn't embarrassed a gazillion times by some of the things my kids pulled, and genetically speaking, they are hosed! lol Sometimes it's best not to get a glimpse of your future. lol :)

Oh man my kids have given me countless hours of embarressing moments. Thank God the kind you can laugh at years later and nothing ever terribly bad or illegal.

So whenever I can return the favor I never miss an opportunity.

spot on as always *S*

actually I think that second pair is what they refer to as F N Ugly sandals

and just to keep us all on track, when I was a pup, the stilletos were referred to not as f***me shoes.. but f***me pumps.. accuracy is so critical in these matters, n'cest pa?

spot on as always *S*

and just to keep us all on track, when I was a pup, the stilletos were referred to not as f***me shoes.. but f***me pumps.. accuracy is so critical in these matters, n'cest pa?

It sure is----n'est pas?;)

Speaking of stilettos ... I bought a pair of Betsey Johnson's that are awesome, but I haven't worn stilettos in years. I've mastered walking on carpet, but I need to work on "stairs." When I bought them at Nordstrom's ... the sales clerk said, "Work it, girlfriend!" My daughter was speechless ... a first. lol Getting old can be fun ... sometimes. :)

I don't dare try wearing them on a cruise ship! Not yet. :)

Oh bring them and wear them! I wore 5" stilettos on my cruise a couple of weeks ago. Between the shoes, the ship, and the wine I was a one-woman roller coaster! It was good fun and I swear the wine made me a little more fluid in my movements!

Oh bring them and wear them! I wore 5" stilettos on my cruise a couple of weeks ago. Between the shoes, the ship, and the wine I was a one-woman roller coaster! It was good fun and I swear the wine made me a little more fluid in my movements!

I'll bet you were rocking and rolling! lol :) It does sound like you had a fun time...

If I can master the stairs, I may take the shoes along with me. I won't be hard to spot, that's for sure ... and I'll have to limit the Wang Wang's. :)

spot on as always *S*

Don't quote me on this but I have heard the term "CFM shoes" used:eek:

(click click click click)

That's the sound of my gorgeous Enzo Angiolini heels clicking across the floor at the moment as I sashay gracefully toward the computer.

(the beauty of the internet is that I can say this, and none of you will know I am really sitting here in plaid flannel PJ pants, fleece sweatshirt, and white sport socks! Bwahahaha)

That's the sound of my gorgeous Enzo Angiolini heels clicking across the floor at the moment as I sashay gracefully toward the computer.

(the beauty of the internet is that I can say this, and none of you will know I am really sitting here in plaid flannel PJ pants, fleece sweatshirt, and white sport socks! Bwahahaha)

Speaking of which, would it be terribly gauche to wear said plaid flannel PJ pants (aka "lounge pants"), fleece sweatshirt and slippers to breakfast in the Lido? I like to be comfy at brekkie. :)

Me thinks Viola is having some fun!:D

I love this topic,who needs boring subjects like..... smoking,tipping and dress codes, it's just good clean fun

KF012518.jpg?size=67&uid=%7B30535A02-30E8-430B-9A11-23E458D3B8E3%7D

Note he's got his eyes closed; good boy! That, or she's about seconds away from crashing to earth because she ate too much HAL bread puddin'

Btw, University of Delaware????????

Speaking of which, would it be terribly gauche to wear said plaid flannel PJ pants (aka "lounge pants"), fleece sweatshirt and slippers to breakfast in the Lido? I like to be comfy at brekkie. :)

As long as you're not a woman wearing a pantsuit on formal night (horrors!:eek: :p), feel free to do and wear whatever you choose! ;)

I'd also suggest wearing a "wifebeater" tank top if you're a he or a tube top if you're a she - complement with cutoff jean shorts, along with dollar store flip flops. Voila! Perfectly acceptable cruise ship attire. Just so long as you're comfortable, that's what matters! :D

Me thinks Viola is having some fun!:D

But of course... I'm a 28-year old little firecracker - can't let you middle-aged fogies have ALL the fun by yourselves...

(and before you get all ornery about being called a middle-aged fogie - I'm married to one myself so I can say that - so there!! :p)

Archived