What shoes could/would DH wear??

I bought my hubby a pair of line pants & a silk Tommy Bahama shirt. Looks great for the Caribbean! BUT....I'm having trouble with shoes. Normally he would wear leather slide sandals but is that a no no in the MDR? They aren't flip flops but close. Just curious. :confused:

He can wear sandals in the dining room, but a pair of "deck shoes" or boat shoes will look better! (no socks!!!!!) They can be worn with slacks or shorts--and his toes won't show! (Not all men have great looking feet!!!)

They're comfy, and actually start looking better the older they are!

He has some of those...they may work. I'll have to look at them & see. The pants are a linen look & usually (in all the movies...lol & resorts) I see them worn with the leather slides. I will have him try them on with his deck shoes (& no socks). I don't let him wear socks with them. LOL! :)

My husband has 2 pairs of shoes he wears with outfits like you described--one a nice pair of leather fisherman's sandals (with a leather sole, not a casual rubber sole) or a pair of Tommy Bahama shoes that are a cross between a loafer and a boat shoe. Sounds odd, looks gorgeous!

It's similar to this but no trim cord around the top: http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/3010747/0~2376778~2372807~2375671~2376697?mediumthumbnail=Y&origin=category&searchtype=&pbo=2376697&P=2

Some of the driving mocs and other loafers in this Nordstrom category would go nicely too (casual, slip on). Depending on where you plan to wear the outfit, I wouldn't want a boat shoe that's too casual--I think that looks better with chinos & a polo shirt, or shorts and a t-shirt. Just my personal style preference

Archived