New to Princess...Ship question

rpmljm

Hello,

I am considering cruising with Princess for the first time and have a ship question. To those of you who have sailed on many Princess cruises...Are there any ships that do not have an open deck with chairs for sitting other than the pool deck? The reason I ask is because I have sailed 3 times on RCCL and once on NCL. I was surprised on my NCL Sky cruise to see that the only place you could go to sit outside was on the noisy pool deck. There was an open lower deck, but it had no chairs at all. I always enjoy sitting and reading and just watching the sea on the quieter, more relaxing lower prominade decks as have been on the RCCL ships I have sailed on. I would not want to book a cruise on a ship that did not have that.:o

Thanks so much!

Laurie

Hello,

I am considering cruising with Princess for the first time and have a ship question. To those of you who have sailed on many Princess cruises...Are there any ships that do not have an open deck with chairs for sitting other than the pool deck? The reason I ask is because I have sailed 3 times on RCCL and once on NCL. I was surprised on my NCL Sky cruise to see that the only place you could go to sit outside was on the noisy pool deck. There was an open lower deck, but it had no chairs at all. I always enjoy sitting and reading and just watching the sea on the quieter, more relaxing lower prominade decks as have been on the RCCL ships I have sailed on. I would not want to book a cruise on a ship that did not have that.:o

Thanks so much!

Laurie

All of the larger Princess ships have plenty of open decks with chairs for just relaxing/reading, or whatever. You aren't just destined to sit by the noisey pool. If you look at the deck plans on the Princess website, it will show many of these decks which have very little foot traffic.

If you could choose a particular Princess ship, the info could be more specific. Good Luck!

I remember I read somewhere that Princess ships have more outdoor deck areas than most. Since I tend to be somewhat claustrophobic I check these things and I can assure you there are plenty of places to find a lounge chair to relax in away from the crowds.

Another reason I like Princess. :)

No worries at all! Every Princess ship I have ever sailed on has had PLENTY of deck space for sitting in both shade and sun away from the loud noise of the pool and/or MUTS. Whether it's down on the Promenade or in the bow or stern of a different deck Princess gives you lots of options.

I remember I read somewhere that Princess ships have more outdoor deck areas than most. Since I tend to be somewhat claustrophobic I check these things and I can assure you there are plenty of places to find a lounge chair to relax in away from the crowds.

Another reason I like Princess. :)

That's because there aren't any rock climbing walls or water slides. :p

I understand the question and agree that other places away from the games and other activity is very welcomed.

We tend to migrate to the Sun Deck which is one deck up from the Lido or pool deck on most ships. There are many places with chairs in both the forward and aft sections of this deck. In addition, the Sport Deck forward usually has chairs as well and this would be up one deck from Sun Deck.

Another area that doesn't get a lot of attention is on many of the cabin decks aft, such as Dolphin, Caribe and maybe Baja and Aloha. Just proceed as far aft as you can in the passageways and find a door going outside and there may be chairs. Of course, if there are cabins and suites there this won't apply. Also, some of the ships such as Island and Crown are using these areas as a Sanctuary for a fee which might be another option for you.

The larger Princess ships have a lot of open deck space on the deck above the pool (Lido) deck with lots of loungers, appropriately called the "Sun Deck." The Sun/Sea/Dawn Princess also have a wonderful public area at the back of Aloha deck with loungers placed either in the sun or shade, your choice. Since this is away from the pool area, people tend not to find it and it's usually easy to find a lounger. These ships also have loungers on the Promenade deck.

No matter what, if you don't mind not being near the pool, there are many areas where you'll find plenty of loungers.

Archived