? about crew area near Solstice AQ Cabins

Mysticks1

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=912476

In the above listed thread - post#4 Ellbon stated there was noise from some type of crew area near her cabin (1535). I booked 1531 because it was under the ladies changing area so that I could avoid any noise from above. I am a very light sleeper and want to avoid any noisy areas.

Can someone please tell me exactly where that crew area is and maybe opinions as to whether or not I should change. There are quite a few others available right now so if I need to move I want to do so while I have better options.

I've never really found ANY noisy cabins....at least, no more noisy than any hotel! You will always hear if folks are loud outside your door---it's the nature of the beast, but you shouldn't hear anything annoying from beside, above or below you.

I've never really found ANY noisy cabins....at least, no more noisy than any hotel! You will always hear if folks are loud outside your door---it's the nature of the beast, but you shouldn't hear anything annoying from beside, above or below you.

I am not referring to normal noise from other passengers,etc. The comments I am referring to as noted in the referenced thread are talking about some type of crew area that seems to be accessed a lot and causes more than normal noise levels.

There are quite a few of the Solstice Suites that are also reporting a lot of early morning noise from the deck above. Every cabin does not have the same noise level.

I am not referring to normal noise from other passengers,etc. The comments I am referring to as noted in the referenced thread are talking about some type of crew area that seems to be accessed a lot and causes more than normal noise levels.

There are quite a few of the Solstice Suites that are also reporting a lot of early morning noise from the deck above. Every cabin does not have the same noise level.

Haven't been on ship yet-but could the noise be from a service area/prep area for housekeeping carts & room svc trays?

Carole

Haven't been on ship yet-but could the noise be from a service area/prep area for housekeeping carts & room svc trays?

Carole

That is exactly what I am trying to find out and why I am trying to pinpoint exactly where this area is so I can choose a cabin that is away from it. This is on the Penthouse deck near the forward elevators. This area is on the port side but there is also a crew type door on the other side in the same area where noise was reported on embarkation day. The Starboard side area I suspect is where they store and sort the luggage on embarkation day.

Archived