Transfer from Seward to Anchorage 24 May 2009

MalNZ

Hi

We are getting confuse - not sure which transfer tour company to use to get from Seward to Anchorage.

Had thought of doing a tour on the way to Anchorage, going to the Alaskian Wildlife Conservation Centre and stopping for photo opportunities at different spots ie Beluga Point.

The Leopard Comedy Transfer company was the one we thought the best, but we are only a part of 4 and 8 is needed for a booking.

Another company also does a similar tour but apparently has a bad BBB rating.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Mal NZ

Hi there

I have booked a similar private transfer, but going the other way - from Seward to Whittier, with admission to AWCC (a 20 mins stop on the way) included at no extra cost to me!! I think they offer the same thing from Seward to Anchorage.

In addition, I am travelling solo and there was no problem for me booking that transfer with the AWCC visit. Also, the private chartered vehicle is a 6-7 passenger van, so it will fit your party of 4.

Well, I made a blunder in one of my previous postings, in which I mentioned another transport operator without knowing its BBB rating and a kind fellow CC board member pointed out that operator's poor rating.

So I have learnt my lesson and have gone to check the BBB rating of the company I have booked with, which is PJS Taxi. I originally found their info in the Seward Chamber of Commerce website.

Well, have to say that I cannot find them on the BBB site. So, I presume it is a good thing as there were no complaints against it. Guess you better do your own check as well.

Hope this helps!

Cheers :)

Archived