So. Caribbean with kids?

praisefor3

We are going in May with our children ages 18, 11, and 4. The diverse ages make it a little challenging in choosing island activities to do. Snorkeling is out. Not sure if a catamaran would be safe. We don't want excursions where everyone around us is focused more on drinking their day away. And we won't be using Camp Carnival as we are going on the trip to be together, not separated. I know I've presented some limiting factors but wondered if anyone knows of activities that might actually work for us. We are used to not everyone enjoying every activity, but we at least have to make them feasible and safe for all. Any chance anyone has been on this trip and can recommend some excursion activities for us?

The 4 year old is going to limit the excursions you can do--many have age requirements. Beach days are good for all, and no excursions need to be "bought" to do that.

Have you checked the cruiselines excursion "menu"? Also, go to the "port of call" boards on this site and you'll find other, private options....not every excursion is a "drinking" excursion!!!!!

And, don't forget---you can stay on the ship and utilize that which you've already paid for...you don't HAVE to spend all day in port!

The catamaran should be fine. I know toddlers that have gone before. Just check the age restrictions. Its a very large catamaran. If someone really has their heart set on snorkeling, one person could always stay on the boat with the 4 yr old and take turns snorkeling. Not everyone who goes on the snorkeling excursions snorkels. My hubby gets seasick snorkeling so if we take an excursion that involves snorkeling, he always stays on the boat. Beach excursions will be fun everyone. To be honest, very few excursions involve drinking due to safety and the possiblility of dehydration/heat stroke out in the hot sun. If alcohol is offered, it is very watered down and only served on the ride back to the ship for these reasons. So you really dont have to worry about loud, drunk, party people most of the time. Island tours are nice but probably not much fun for the younger one.

Archived