Yes,Another "smuggling" question

TnMama

:)Ok, Maybe Ive missed it somewhere...Ive read about RumRunners and the like and other various ways to smuggle in liquor. But I have a beer question.

HOW do you do it? How do you smuggle in a 12 pack of Budlight,in a can? I was thinking of bringing a 12 pack of cokes, since we opted not to buy the drink cards, not big coke drinkers, so I dont want to pay an arm and a leg incase I want one. BUT, I was thinking to smuggle in beer, in cans {blek}, that I could use a diffrent coke box. like open it, and replace the cokes with beer cans and reseal the box with some super glue. COuld you tell it was Bud in the box and not Coke?

Just an idea Ive had, and if its already answered here, Sorry!

THANKS!!!!!:)

:)Ok, Maybe Ive missed it somewhere...Ive read about RumRunners and the like and other various ways to smuggle in liquor. But I have a beer question.

HOW do you do it? How do you smuggle in a 12 pack of Budlight,in a can? I was thinking of bringing a 12 pack of cokes, since we opted not to buy the drink cards, not big coke drinkers, so I dont want to pay an arm and a leg incase I want one. BUT, I was thinking to smuggle in beer, in cans {blek}, that I could use a diffrent coke box. like open it, and replace the cokes with beer cans and reseal the box with some super glue. COuld you tell it was Bud in the box and not Coke?

I do not know about embarkation, but I have seen people at each port stop bring beer and soda back on and run it through the xray machines. The security people picked it up off of the belt and handed it back to the people without a problem.

:cool:

Personal experience. My ex took a wheeled carryon, holding a case of beer. It went thru the scanner and nothing was said.

We just put it in a suitcase, check it with the porters and it has always arrived at the room before the clothes. If you put it in one with clothes in it you can pick up the extra big zip lock bags just in case, though we have never had a break or spill.

No need for rum runners or coke box in my experience. Beer is kinda tough anyway, since it takes up so much room. If you can drink liquor instead, I would recommend you do that until your first port, where apparently beer is much easier to bring aboard.

We just put it in a suitcase, check it with the porters and it has always arrived at the room before the clothes. If you put it in one with clothes in it you can pick up the extra big zip lock bags just in case, though we have never had a break or spill.

Exactly! Just make sure the beer is well padded and place in checked bags. There is still a chance this can be taken, so don't go overboard (no pun intended) and the worst case is you will lose a couple of sixers.

Personal experience. My ex took a wheeled carryon, holding a case of beer. It went thru the scanner and nothing was said.

I would definitely NOT recommend this approach except at ports.

No need for rum runners or coke box in my experience. Beer is kinda tough anyway, since it takes up so much room. If you can drink liquor instead, I would recommend you do that until your first port, where apparently beer is much easier to bring aboard.

I would definitely NOT recommend this approach except at ports.

We broke down and bought rum runners:o But it is for our Mariner cruise...... rumor has it they are much stricter:cool:

I agree with not bringing it thru in carry on unless you have "Stupid" printed on your forehead:p:D

We broke down and bought rum runners:o But it is for our Mariner cruise...... rumor has it they are much stricter:cool:

I agree with not bringing it thru in carry on unless you have "Stupid" printed on your forehead:p:D

So you drank the Kool-aid, didja? :p Mariner is RCCL? If so, I would prolly get them myself, or resort to the water bottle trick.

LMAO at the stupid comment. I can just see some dork thinking he is gonna waltz thru security with a bag of booze. Dur de dur de dur...

geek2.jpg

So you drank the Kool-aid, didja? :p Mariner is RCCL? If so, I would prolly get them myself, or resort to the water bottle trick.

LMAO at the stupid comment. I can just see some dork thinking he is gonna waltz thru security with a bag of booze. Dur de dur de dur...

geek2.jpg

LOL! Yes I did:o Yes last time we cruised on Royal Caribbean it was my sons wedding cruise......didn't cross my mind to bring the libation....too many more important things on my mind:D

But this is a Carnival board and I would not recommend buying them for a Carnival cruise........trust me people:D

Be nice! I did say EX!:p

LOL! Yes I did Yes last time we cruised on Royal Caribbean it was my sons wedding cruise......didn't cross my mind to bring the libation....too many more important things on my mind

But this is a Carnival board and I would not recommend buying them for a Carnival cruise........trust me people:D

You are old enough to have a married son? :p:p

Be nice! I did say EX!:p

I am sure that was not directed at you. (It was prolly directed to your ex, lol.:D)

You are old enough to have a married son? :p

I started early:o

I am sure that was not directed at you. (It was prolly directed to your ex, lol.:D)

Be nice! I did say EX!

Yes the ex........aren't all ex's stupid:confused::p:o

You are old enough to have a married son? :p:p

I started early.

Early and often, I always say. :cool:

Yes the ex........aren't all ex's stupid:confused::p

Not even going there...

:)Ya'll are GREAT!!! Thanks!!!! But I do have a question. I dont know if Dh and I are flying,its up in the air, {no pun intended,its just been a long day}. It depends on things,like the Train or car,lol. But, last year on my flight to Philly, when I got to my forneds house there was a note from the TSA letting me know Id been randomly selected for my luggage to be trifled with. Same on the flight home from San Deigo in Oct.

So do the luggage takers {is that even a term?} "Randomly" select luggage? thats why all the sneakyness....

ANd for who asked, DH is a beer snob, and I am not. Im not much on drinking at all unless it has an umbrella in it,and that aint too often. but,...I will be on Vac and I rememebr loving from my party days {like 2 years ago} that lemonade and vodka are both refreshing and smashing,lol. So there will be VOdka smuggled.

We cruised the Conquest in September 2008. We had one large suitcase filled with the following:

12 pack of water

12 pack of Pepsi

12 pack of Sierra Mist

12 pack of Diet Mountain Dew

12 pack of Diet Dr. Pepper

2 bottles of wine

1 bottle of rum

1 bottle of vodka

2 bottles of bloody mary mix

Every bit of it made it to our room with no breakage and in exactly the same condition we packed it. My husband even got called down to the deck where they receive the luggage. He had left his pocket knife in the front pocket of the suitcase we had all the alcohol in. They had x-rayed the suitcase and saw the knife. They handed him the knife and told him to have a great cruise. There is no way they didn't see all that alcohol and soda in the suitcase. In my opinion, GO FOR IT!!!!!!!!!!! There are too many people who have brought alcohol on. If they confiscate it, you only lost what was in your suitcase. You will have those who tell you not to smuggle and those who tell you it's easy. I'm going to tell you it's easy because we had no problem. That's not to say we won't get busted next time and there will be a next time!!!!!!!

ROFLMAOOOOOOOOOO at BOB!!!!!! I must show DH this pic!!!! Made my day of cleaning and Laundry so much better!!!!!

PRICELESSSSSS!!!!!! Or as our firends across the pond would say, BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!

I guess there really are rednecks everywhere!!!!!

TY TY TY!!!!

The last 4 cruises I have pack a 12 or 18 pack in my small suitcase enclosed with a super large ziplock bag. Checked the suitcase at port and iced her down using the large ziplock as a liner in the big trashcan in the room. No problem at all. I also bring a 6 pk of pepsi too, in the same suitcase.

Will probably do it again. We still use the bar service as well, but the convenience of having it on ice in the room is nice.

We cruised the Conquest in September 2008. We had one large suitcase filled with the following:

12 pack of water

12 pack of Pepsi

12 pack of Sierra Mist

12 pack of Diet Mountain Dew

12 pack of Diet Dr. Pepper

2 bottles of wine

1 bottle of rum

1 bottle of vodka

2 bottles of bloody mary mix

Every bit of it made it to our room with no breakage and in exactly the same condition we packed it. My husband even got called down to the deck where they receive the luggage. He had left his pocket knife in the front pocket of the suitcase we had all the alcohol in. They had x-rayed the suitcase and saw the knife. They handed him the knife and told him to have a great cruise. There is no way they didn't see all that alcohol and soda in the suitcase. In my opinion, GO FOR IT!!!!!!!!!!! There are too many people who have brought alcohol on. If they confiscate it, you only lost what was in your suitcase. You will have those who tell you not to smuggle and those who tell you it's easy. I'm going to tell you it's easy because we had no problem. That's not to say we won't get busted next time and there will be a next time!!!!!!!

I would definitely NOT recommend packing that much in a single suitcase. That bag would have weighed over 70 lbs with all that booze. I would suggest you spread your smugglage over several bags to both prevent breakage and to give the porters a break. (Hope you tipped them well at least;)).

Archived