Snorkel tour question

dukemha

It seems there are a number of snorkel/swim with turtles tours recommended (Tiami, El Tigre, Heatwave, Silver Moon, Cool Runnings - to name a few). They seem to be comparable in terms of itinerary and cost. In an earlier thread, one poster wrote that in a 5 hour tour he was disappointed that only 1 to 1.5 hours was spent snorkeling. Is that pretty much the standard? Are there any tours where 2 or more hours are spent actually snorkeling? How much time can one expect to spend snorkeling in a 5 hour tour?

I hope I'm right in saying that most of those tours you mention

sell themselves as coastal cruise tours that also offer Rum Punch and Lunch

some music along the way, snorkelling and swimming at the lunch stop

and maybe another stop specifically for snorkelling with turtles..

i.e. a bit of everything

I think visitors may perceive the product as a snorkelling tour

but this may not be the operators' intention.

Local operators may want to devise specific snorkelling tours

for those who somehow need to spend more than 1-2 hours turning pink in the sun?

(wear a T-shirt while snorkelling for any short length of time

-to protect your back!)

Hi just booked with thriller tours. They actually have a 3 1/2 hour tour that has the turtles, 2 shipwrecks and beach time. They use a speedboat so you have more time in the water most of the other tours are by catamaran so you have more time sailing than in the water. hope this helps

Hi,

just returned from Barbados and used Thriller tours. Tour lasted around 4hrs with around 3hrs in the water. Very enjoyable trip included 45 mins with turtles, 45 mins at reef, 45 mins at wrecks in carlisle bay and 45mins on beach. Tour operator (Stephen Tryhane) very helpful throughout and we never felt rushed to get back into boat to move on to next sight. Plenty of drinks on board and overall we felt this trip was excellent vfm. Paid $60 for adults and $35 for child.

I have been on Cool Runnings many times. Always had a good time. The staff are very friendly and helpful. I personally think 1-1.5 hrs snorkelling is fine but each person is different. Swimming with the turtles is awesome!

Hope you have fun.

Archived