New to Princess...mini suite?

lovesublime

Hi, we've cruised with NCL, RCI and Carnival but not with Princess. We are considering a Canada/New England cruise this upcoming Oct. I've been looking at pricing with an online agency and am confused about balcony/mini-suite prices. On CB, mini-suites on the Dolphin deck are priced lower than regular balcony cabins. Why? I know you guys know the answer. Thanks!

Hi, we've cruised with NCL, RCI and Carnival but not with Princess. We are considering a Canada/New England cruise this upcoming Oct. I've been looking at pricing with an online agency and am confused about balcony/mini-suite prices. On CB, mini-suites on the Dolphin deck are priced lower than regular balcony cabins. Why? I know you guys know the answer. Thanks!

I may be misunderstanding your question, but there are only two balcony cabins on the Dolphin deck and they are both aft cabins with large balconies. These cabins are usually in a lot of demand so that may explain the prices. All of the other cabins with balconies on the Dolphin deck are mini suites.

If you go into the booking you will notice lowest catagory balcony is BF it is priced $899.00 and wait-listed. Next is BE priced at $1124.

If you look at mini-suite lowest catagory AE it is priced $1099.00 and is only guarantee. Next is AD priced at $1429.00.

What they used on their online pricing agency is balcony BE and mini suite AE. Lowest on mini and next to the lowest on balcony.

Hope this makes sense.:confused:

I may be misunderstanding your question, but there are only two balcony cabins on the Dolphin deck and they are both aft cabins with large balconies. These cabins are usually in a lot of demand so that may explain the prices. All of the other cabins with balconies on the Dolphin deck are mini suites.

The OP asked about minis in the title.

Take the mini on Dolphin, the balcony is uncovered though. :)

Sorry, it is confusing. What I meant is that the mini-suites on Dolphin are less expensive than ANY balcony cabins on ANY deck that I'm currently looking at. For example, I'm looking at balcony cabins on the Baja deck (not a guarantee cabin) for about $3090 (two pax). The mini-suites on Dolphin are going for $2398 (two pax). I don't get it?

Sorry, it is confusing. What I meant is that the mini-suites on Dolphin are less expensive than ANY balcony cabins on ANY deck that I'm currently looking at. For example, I'm looking at balcony cabins on the Baja deck (not a guarantee cabin) for about $3090 (two pax). The mini-suites on Dolphin are going for $2398 (two pax). I don't get it?

It is a no brainer. ;)

There are times when balcony staterooms are selling better than mini suites, all of a sudden the mini suite price will drop below the cost of a balcony stateroom. I have seen this many times. It usually means there are more mini suites available then there are balcony staterooms. Grab up a mini if you can, it has a nice sitting area (unlike the regular balcony staterooms which are more or less just a bedroom, with small bath and shower only).

If you go into the booking you will notice lowest catagory balcony is BF it is priced $899.00 and wait-listed. Next is BE priced at $1124.

If you look at mini-suite lowest catagory AE it is priced $1099.00 and is only guarantee. Next is AD priced at $1429.00.

What they used on their online pricing agency is balcony BE and mini suite AE. Lowest on mini and next to the lowest on balcony.

Hope this makes sense.:confused:

Thanks, I get it now. The low price for the mini-suite is a guarantee. Looks like a good deal to me.

Grab the guaranteed lowest priced mini-suite. As long as you are not concerned about having a cabin in a specific area of the ship, booking a guarnteed mini will be your best bet.

You'll enjoy lots of extra room, a much larger bathroom w/tub, and a sofa to hang out on.

Seeking some guidance.....

My wife and I along with or two teenage kids are travelling on the Sun Princess in July. We've booked two BC category cabins (side by side).

I think I saw on these boards that some mini's accommodate 4 people - where the sofa converts into a bed as well as a pull down bunk type bed above the sofa.

I was wondering if this is the case on the Sun Princess. Do mini-suites accommodate 4 people.....just trying to cut down on the costs....and not too comfortable with teenage kids sharing a room on their own.

Cheers

Mike

Seeking some guidance.....

My wife and I along with or two teenage kids are travelling on the Sun Princess in July. We've booked two BC category cabins (side by side).

I think I saw on these boards that some mini's accommodate 4 people - where the sofa converts into a bed as well as a pull down bunk type bed above the sofa.

I was wondering if this is the case on the Sun Princess. Do mini-suites accommodate 4 people.....just trying to cut down on the costs....and not too comfortable with teenage kids sharing a room on their own.

Cheers

Mike

A mini on the Sun Class ships is equal to a suite on Grand Class ships.

Totally different configuration.

I have to disagree with Colo here. On the Sun class ships, 3 is all a mini suite will accomodate. Larger ships there are some that will take 4, but not on the Sun Princess.

I agree with Toto2Kansas here. We had a mini on Sun Princess in 2007 and they are fabulous minis but will only accommodate 3 people. There are some balcony cabins and some oceanview cabins that will accommodate a 3rd and 4th person (according to the deckplans).

Archived