Sheraton LA Harbor....good hotel?

My wife and I will be sailing aboard the "Vision of the Seas" on Oct 10th. We are flying into LA a day early, and RCL recommends the Sheraton LA Harbor hotel. Cost is $54 pp.

Is this hotel OK? Any other hotels near the ship that you would recommend instead??

Does this hotel offer FREE transportation to the ship?

Any info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

icon_cool.gif Bill icon_cool.gif

10/10 "Vision of the Seas" Mexican Riviera Cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;10;10;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

The Sheraton LA Harbor is an "okay" hotel. Not great, not bad, just okay. For the money, it is the closest, cleanest, and fairly comfortable hotel. Do ask for a room that faces the Port. Those rooms are fairly nice. I wouldn't recommend eating at that particular hotel. Their dining room was very slow and the food extremely pricey for what you get. There is a nice breakfast restaurant just a little ways down the street on Palos Verdes and has nice breakfasts at a very reasonable price.

Yes, the Sheraton also has shuttle service over to the port. The Port is only a short six blocks from the Hotel. Have a great cruise.

animtink.gif

Celia

"Jewel OTS " 06/04 # 11 & 12

"Brilliance OTS" 04/05 # 13 & 14

Hi,

I have used this post before for people, so it does include the information on driving also. Of course you do not need that, but I have stayed there and I would stay there again as my first choice in the area.

I have stayed at the Sheraton Los Angeles Harbor Hotel in San Pedro, a couple of times. The rooms are very nice and they, and the hotel, are kept very clean. They have a very nice little restaurant and a bar right off the lobby. It is closer to the pier than the Hilton. They have a park and sail plan where you get your hotel night, parking of your car while on a cruise, (in an underground parking garage) and they take you to the ship, and pick you up on the return, and bring you back to the hotel. All this for one price, and free breakfast is included, plus a bottle of champagne. The hotel itself is very nice, and in the area of the shops and restaurants that they have close by, within walking distance. There is a Maritime Museum and other interesting things to see in that area. I have never been concerned about walking around there.

The price for this whole package was quite reasonable for the two of us.

If you are interested, the address is.

Sheraton Los Angeles Harbor Hotel

601 South Palos Verdes Street

San Pedro, CA 90731

Phone (310) 519-8200

Fax (310) 519-8421

http://www.sheratonlaharbor.com/

12/06/04

THE EMPRESS OF THE SEAS. **10 ISLANDS IN 11 NIGHTS**

VISIT OUR ROLL CALL HERE

My husband and I are also sailing Oct. 10 and are flying in a day early. We are planning to stay at the Sheraton. The price sounded good and as long as it is clean, it should be fine. Have you registered for the Meet & Mingle?

Thanks for all of the input regarding this hotel! Another question for all of you...can you get a studio tour from this hotel? We thought we'd spend Saturday afternoon taking a studio tour (if possible). Any suggestions?

icon_cool.gif Bill icon_cool.gif

10/10 "Vision of the Seas" Mexican Riviera Cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;10;10;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

My wife and I will also be sailing on the Vison but not until Dec. what is the best way to get from LAX to San Pedro and back to LAX after the cruise.

summit 2003

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;12;05;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Vision of the Seas

/05/2004bin/countdown.cgi?0ffff&cdt=2004;12;5;16;30;00&http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2003;10;31;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

Archived