Reverse dress code question

Summergee

I always enjoy dressing up on holiday as this is not something we do at home.

I would like to know if there would be any problems with me wearing my formal dresses on semi-formal nights and semi-formal outfits on elegant casual nights.

If I think I look good (others may disagree that I look good!) I am happy. However, I would not want to make other people uncomfortable by dressing more formally than the dress code for the evening.

Thanks for any advice you can give me.

...I would like to know if there would be any problems with me wearing my formal dresses on semi-formal nights and semi-formal outfits on elegant casual nights. ...
Absolutely no problems at all. As you said, when you look good, you feel good. The best dress code rule-of-thumb is "When in doubt, dress up." Bon Voyage!

I always enjoy dressing up on holiday as this is not something we do at home.

I would like to know if there would be any problems with me wearing my formal dresses on semi-formal nights and semi-formal outfits on elegant casual nights.

If I think I look good (others may disagree that I look good!) I am happy. However, I would not want to make other people uncomfortable by dressing more formally than the dress code for the evening.

Thanks for any advice you can give me.

I would not tend to wear a formal gown on semi formal nights....however l do mix and match the EC and semi formal, if that makes sense!

Hey....this is Cunard.....if you wish to dress up every night l can't see a problem at all.

Jackie :)

I would not tend to wear a formal gown on semi formal nights....however l do mix and match the EC and semi formal, if that makes sense!

Hey....this is Cunard.....if you wish to dress up every night l can't see a problem at all.

I agree. There was very little difference between Elegant Casual and Semi Formal on our holiday cruise. I also think it depends on how formal your formal is. For many, there was also very little difference between Semi Formal and Formal. If that makes sense. :)

The only dress I do not wear for "other nights" is the pink chiffon I wear for the Ascot night.

Other than that I tend to wear my "gowns" whenever I feel like it. The only concession I make between Formal, Semi or Elegant casual is the jewellery I wear with the dress - and maybe the stole.

Viz I have a navy dress that can be worn for Formal with my over tthe top necklace and beaded stole, or with just pearls, unbeaded chiffon stole for Semi and with silver chain, and a pashmina red/silver paisley stole for Elegant Casual.

Saves on packing , and like you I love to wear clothes I do not wear at home.

Enjoy your cruise

This is exactly one of the things I was wondering!!

I have a 'formal' dress which is plain black, floor length, which I love and was going to wear it on the semi-formal night.

I am glad I am not the only one who wants to make the most of dressing for dinner!!!

I have a 'formal' dress which is plain black, floor length, which I love and was going to wear it on the semi-formal night.

I am glad I am not the only one who wants to make the most of dressing for dinner!!!

Men are the same.

My trip on QV next week is 4 formal 3 semi formal and 5 elegant casual.

I'm taking my dinner suit and 8 suits!

That should cover it. If others don't like it look the other way.

Glenn.:)

I too have a plain black floor length which l have worn on a semi-formal evening, it will be just fine.

Men are the same.

Have a great trip. Where are you going? Wish my was a bit closer.

Men are the same.

What do you wear on the other 3 nights or is that when we look the other way :D

Archived