****Dutch By Association Wants To Feature YOU!****

I'm sorry, DBA. . . my apologies for not reading the post more closely.

2 HAL cruises that I would love, love, love to sail. Prinsendam's circumnavigation of South America . . . The itinerary is AAA+ and I prefer the smaller ships. A very, very close 2nd is Amsterdam's South Pacific . . . larger ship with a AA+ itinerary (too many ports in New Zealand, tho . . . would prefer more ports in Hawaii) . . . but no need to quibble.

I prefer the longer cruises; my longest has been 29 days . . . and, I'm sure I can do 70 days without a problem.

And, sailing solo, I prefer the more traditional experience.

Which is the 'cheapie photo program'? I definitely need one that will make reducing photos 'a snap'. :D I haven't even gotten any of my photos out of my memory sticks yet. :eek:
As far as getting the photos out of your memory sticks, as soon as you plug your camera into the USB port on your computer, Microsoft Windows should automatically start a default upload program that should already been on your computer. Of course, there are more sophisticated programs out there, but the Microsoft one does fine for uploading your photos. You may have also gotten a more sophisticated program with your camera when you bought it. But, like I said, the Microsoft photo software works just fine.

As for a cheapie photo editing program, I use Paint Shop Pro. In my case, I paid nothing for it ... got it through another job where I have to upload some photos. It's simple, pretty much no frills, and let's you reduce photos down to a manageable size for emailing or whatever.

Remember, the fancy digital cameras give you high resolution because that's designed for printing high quality photos. But for online use, the photos can be a lot smaller, of less resolution, and will look fine. That's why you want to make sure that when you reduce them, you rename them. This way you still retain the high quality one on your computer in case you decide you wish to print it later.

Blue skies ...

--rita

Perhaps, in the future, you can feature HAL sailer wannabes.

PS: Keep up the good work

LOL ... or, he can feature HAL sailors that missed the boat. I sure wish I had known about cruising when I was much, much younger. I would have loved to work on a ship. But now, I look at those people, how hard they work, and know I could never do it. I've gotten older, softer ... and no longer interested in one of them "working jobs." :)

Blue skies ...

--rita

LOL ... or, he can feature HAL sailors that missed the boat. I sure wish I had known about cruising when I was much, much younger. I would have loved to work on a ship. But now, I look at those people, how hard they work, and know I could never do it. I've gotten older, softer ... and no longer interested in one of them "working jobs." :)

Blue skies ...

--rita

Agree . . . 100% . . . "too soon oldt; too late smart"

• 2 weeks later...

Archived