Fruit Punch, anyone?

happygull

word was it stained carpets, etc. very badly. hence, its demise.

I can understand that, as Crystal Light fruit punch stains very badly as well! Hard to get out of fabrics!

Perhaps they will leave the passion/guava juice up past breakfast. That, too, mixes very well with adult beverages!

We were on Glory in Nov and it was gone then. This is far from new news. I could see how red fruit punch would be a problem. I found it way too sweet and since we don't smuggle liquor on board, it doesn't matter to us anyway. Most people really upset by it are upset because they dont' have their free mixers anymore. Oh well. Life's never been fair.

I hope Carnival still serves lemonade.... anyone know for sure? Other than an occasional froo-froo cocktail, all I ever drink on a cruise is water and lemonade.

Yes, they still have iced tea and lemonade all the time, at least they did last week on the Spirit.

Yes, they still have iced tea and lemonade all the time, at least they did last week on the Spirit.

Good to know ~ thanks! And if they no longer do by the time my trip rolls around, Crystal Lite has those handy-dandy single serving packets, so I'll bring a baggie full of those.... just in case. ;)

word was it stained carpets, etc. very badly. hence, its demise.

I can understand that, as Crystal Light fruit punch stains very badly as well! Hard to get out of fabrics!

Perhaps they will leave the passion/guava juice up past breakfast. That, too, mixes very well with adult beverages!

Stained carpets, my foot.

They removed it because the booze smugglers used it to mix their own drinks.

If they keep up the dealie with the guava/passion juice, that will be the next to go.

Thanks.....to those who make it tough on the rest of us.

Stained carpets' date=' my foot.

If they keep up the dealie with the guava/passion juice, that will be the next to go.

Thanks.....to those who make it tough on the rest of us.[/quote']

The guava/passion juice is only available in the morning so you have to plan ahead to save some of that if you want it later for drink mixing. Last week on the Spirit it was kind of 'thick' and really needed some rum or vodka mixed with it!

the guava/passion juice is only available in the morning so you have to plan ahead to save some of that if you want it later for drink mixing. last week on the spirit it was kind of 'thick' and really needed some rum or vodka mixed with it!

lol!

Iced tea with 1/3 lemonade and 1/3 fruit punch was really good. Just iced tea mixed with lemonade got a little old after a few days on the Freedom in December. I prefer sweet tea and the fruit punch was perfect for this. Oh well no biggy. I am still on a cruise.

I have posed this question once again to John Heald on his blog. He had replied last year that they were switching vendors but then we still did not see the fruit punch. When I asked him on the Blogger's cruise, he said he thought I was referring to what was being served in the bars and he would again check into it. I know he is busy with the baby on the way and it probably has slipped his mind. I guess we shall see in a few days when he replies.

Dave

Careful now !

It may be called Iced Tea, but anything which comes out of a fountain and tastes that bad is not Iced Tea ! :eek:

LOL! I totally agree!:D I really enjoyed the fruit punch, sad to see it go. As a platinum cruiser, I think I should get something to replace it. Let's see....FREE margaritas perhaps?! :cool:

Karen

Careful now !

It may be called Iced Tea, but anything which comes out of a fountain and tastes that bad is not Iced Tea ! :eek:

It tastes OK to me mixed with a little lemonade. I just don't see how anything can be bad on a cruise anyway.

Stained carpets' date=' my foot.

Thanks.....to those who make it tough on the rest of us.[/quote']

Baloney.

You can still bring a "reasonable" amount of your own mixers on board, plus rum, tequila, jack, etc all mix very well with lemonade. No way Carnival is gonna fess up, but if they wanted to stop smuggling there are much easier ways to do it -- just like the other lines do.

Not sure why you have a vendetta against smugglers is, but you are wrong on this one IMO.

Baloney.

You can still bring a "reasonable" amount of your own mixers on board, plus rum, tequila, jack, etc all mix very well with lemonade. No way Carnival is gonna fess up, but if they wanted to stop smuggling there are much easier ways to do it -- just like the other lines do.

Not sure why you have a vendetta against smugglers is, but you are wrong on this one IMO.

Sure, people can bring their own mixers.....but, with the free punch onboard, why should they? Those too cheap to buy their booze onboard like most people do are too cheap to provide their own mixers as well....

Guess they'll have to now, unless they can adjust their tender taste buds to lemonade and iced tea.

I have no vendetta against anything. What I do have is contempt for those who will do their own thing, break or ignore any rule to their own satisfaction and purse - especially when it effects me. This applies to anything, not just cruises.

Fully 1/3 of the revenue onboard a ship is made from the bars and lounges. If these figures fall below what is expected, they'll raise the prices....just as they've been doing for the past 20 years....that effects me.

I also dislike shoplifters, unattended brats running rampant, drunks who are obnoxious and disruptive and a host of other behaviors onboard a ship by the morons who should have stayed home and gone camping.

Most people adhere to the rules of our society...and to the rules on a ship.... It's called courtesy, manners, social grace and being cognizant that the world doesn't revolve around them and what they might want at any given moment.

Sure' date=' people can bring their own mixers.....but, with the free punch onboard, why should they? Those too cheap to buy their booze onboard like most people do are too cheap to provide their own mixers as well....

Guess they'll have to now, unless they can adjust their tender taste buds to lemonade and iced tea.

I have no vendetta against anything. What I do have is contempt for those who will do their own thing, break or ignore any rule to their own satisfaction and purse - especially when it effects me. This applies to anything, not just cruises.

Fully 1/3 of the revenue onboard a ship is made from the bars and lounges. If these figures fall below what is expected, they'll raise the prices....just as they've been doing for the past 20 years....that effects me.

I also dislike shoplifters, unattended brats running rampant, drunks who are obnoxious and disruptive and a host of other behaviors onboard a ship by the morons who should have stayed home and gone camping.

Most people adhere to the rules of our society...and to the rules on a ship.... It's called courtesy, manners, social grace and being cognizant that the world doesn't revolve around them and what they might want at any given moment.[/quote']

No, seriously...tell us how you really feel:D I know it's you're very, very hot button! We just learned a few more of them. LOL!

Archived