Grand recent cruisers?

39august

The Grand did tender to Georgetown. They used their own boats, for the most part. You will receive a letter in your cabin the night before you visit from the Cayman Islands government welcoming tourist back to the island after Ivan. It was a heartwarming letter, I thought.

We are on the Grand at the moment and we tendered into Grand Cayman this week. Something new in the last 2 cruises by the Grand going to Grand Cayman is that the Grand is no longer changing to Grand Cayman time but staying on Central time the entire cruise (ships time). We disembark tommorrow and I hope to have a review up in a day or so. In short though, we had an excellent time.

Jeff :)

Jeff, what time did they start tendering in Belize? I'm hoping my snorkel excursion will not be canceled due to late arrival as has happened to some.

We arrived on shore for our tour at 2:30 PM. This in spite of the fact that we actually arrived and was anchored about 30 minutes early. Apparently, the Belize authorities will not allow any to use their own boats for tenders. We had two boats making a 15-20 run to the beach.

Archived