GCT E. Europe and the Black Sea

Gatorlady

We did the Black Sea River Cruise with GCT and it was terrific. I can't remember which were included and which were optional tours but I will tell you what we enjoyed. We were so glad we did the Transylvania pre cruise trip. It is just beautiful there. We went to both Bran and Peles Castles. I think one of them was optional. We were very happy we did them.The lunch with the family in Croatia was special and I am quite sure it is included. I do recall there was a tour in Transylvania to the home of composer George Enescu which included a concert. We went there on our own in a taxi which came back and picked us up. We did not have a concert however and those who did that enjoyed it.

If you have a specific question about a tour I can probably answer them.

We did this trip last September, although the current itinerary is a bit changed from our trip. We had a great time. We did not do either the Prague or Transylvania options, so can't comment on those. We only did one "extra," being a day bus ride in Bulgaria, which was fine; but, we would repeat such "excursions" in that our opinion is that "excursion" means "more shopping stops." We hate those shopping stops. The visit to the jewelry factory (which wasn't open the day we visited in that it was a weekend, if I recall) was also a waste of time in our opinion.

All in all we had a wonderful trip, which was our first "river cruise," and our first trip with GCT. The changes in itinerary this year, compared with last year, involve more time in Bulgaria which replaced a day in Rumania. Our trip passed through locks in the canal, which exits to the Black Sea at the lovely city of Constantin. We liked that part of the trip quite a lot, as we also enjoyed a day in Bucharest on our own.

Enjoy your trip.

Archived