1st Time Cruiser Questions

Hi all,

My husband and I are taking our first cruise to Bermuda from Cape Liberty on Aug. 15th on the Explorer of the Sea. I was wondering a few things:

Which night is formal night? How dressed up you have to get?

I heard the ice show is great. When should I book it? Is it included or do you have to pay extra? If so, how much?

I know alcohol is not included. What is the average price of drinks?

Anything I should know being a 1st time cruiser about the ship in general, food, events, rooms?

Thanks in advance, I really appreciate any info I can get.:)

Hi all,

My husband and I are taking our first cruise to Bermuda from Cape Liberty on Aug. 15th on the Explorer of the Sea. I was wondering a few things:

Which night is formal night? How dressed up you have to get?

It will be announced.

I heard the ice show is great. When should I book it? Is it included or do you have to pay extra? If so, how much?

The ice show is not to be missed. It will be announded when you can pick up the tickets. It is free.

I know alcohol is not included. What is the average price of drinks?

Can't answer that one. Don't drink.

Anything I should know being a 1st time cruiser about the ship in general, food, events, rooms?

Just enjoy. You will be on a beautiful ship. Hope you get as addicted as we did.

You are welcome.

Jan

Hi all,

Which night is formal night?4th How dressed up you have to get? http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do;jsessionid=0000votJ6_mr1_LPog2Yd-YNQL6:12h3g0fq2;jsessionid=0000Otz_MtjJCpHtElRpiSKki_j:12h3g0fq2?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqSubjectName=Life+Onboard&faqId=255&faqSubjectId=334&faqType=faq

I heard the ice show is great.Good When should I book it?On Board Is it included or do you have to pay extra?Included If so, how much?

I know alcohol is not included. What is the average price of drinks? $6

Embedded above

Formal nights should be just that. If you want to stay "casual to your comfort level" then try NCL. It is the same people who have changed every day in professional offices into casual attire days who have now decided that formal nights should also be casual. It's really a shame.

Formal night(s) will be announced on the ship. For a 7-day cruise they are usually the 2nd and 6th night but they will change depending on the ports of call/sea days, etc. I am also one of those who feel that if you are going to the dining room on formal night you should dress appropriately.

The ice shows are wonderful and worth the time to go see. You can not book them ahead of time but the daily paper you get in your cabin each night for the next day will list when they are going to be given away - there is no charge. Each show should be offered more than once so everyone can see it. (The ice rink does not hold enough people for the entire ship to see one show at one time.) If you can I would recommend going.

Drinks on a ship are pretty much the same as they are in a bar on land - I would agree that $6 is about average. It does depend on what you drink - of course a martini will cost more than a simple rum and coke.

Have fun and enjoy every moment of your vacation. You'll be surprised at how fast the second half of the week flies by so don't plan on saving everything for the end of your trip. If you want to do something on the ship and have the time right then; do it!

Bon Voyage!!

Archived