Questions about travel times...how much can I do in one day?

velovicme

Hi all,

I am going on a 5 day cruise to Bermuda in August and will be docked at King Wharfs from Monday at 10am to Tuesday at 5pm. There are many things I would like to do but do not know if I can fit them all into 1 1/2 days.

From reading other posts I know by bus it takes a half hour to get to Horseshoe Bay.

How far is it from Horseshoe Bay to Crystal/Fantasy Caves? By bus? ferry? taxi?

Can I walk to Swizzle Inn from the caves?

How far is it to Hamilton from Swizzle Inn? By bus? Ferry? taxi?

How far is it from Hamilton back to Kings Wharf dockyard? By bus? ferry? taxi?

How late do the buses/ferries run?

How far is it to St George Tobacco Bay? By bus? ferry? taxi?

Thanks in advance!

THIS WEEK!!

We leave Thursday and I am looking at our options for Bermuda. We are thinking Saturday Crystal Caves and Horseshoe bay on the way back to kings wharf

and sticking by the wharf on Sunday. Snorkel park/etc (so we dont miss the boat :eek:)

What is the best bet getting from our ship to the caves? Ferry to Hamilton or St George? which is quickest?

then I am thinking of bus back and getting off at horseshoe bay.

Hi Katmandoo,

May I suggest you reverse the order of your plans? You're arriving on Saturday at 1pm, which doesn't leave you much time to get up to the caves, which close at 4:30 AND do Horseshoe on the way back.

Think about this - on Saturday, go to Horseshoe Beach - half an hour by bus from your dock at Kings Wharf in Dockyard.

On Sunday, catch the Fast Ferry from Dockyard to Hamilton at 9:30 and the trip is 20 minutes. The Bus Terminal in Hamilton is 7 minutes walk from the Ferry Terminal. Catch a bus going to St. George's, time is 10:15. The trip to the Caves will take half an hour max. Ask the Driver to put you off at the Caves (three minutes walk from the bus stop). Do one or both Caves - if you can only do one, do Fantasy Cave. Walk back the way you came and refresh yourself at the Swizzle Inn. Catch the bus back to Hamilton (they pass the Swizzle about on the hour, and half past the hour). The Ferry you want from Hamilton back to Dockyard runs at 2pm, and will get you back in Dockyard at 2:20, with time to stroll the Dockyard and (extremely small) Dockyard Mall before going back to the ship (5 minute's walk). You can check all this on the Bus/Ferry schedules which will be available on board your ship. Transport passes are the cheapest way to get around - your cruise Director can advise you - they may even sell them on board.

Have Fun!

Hi all,

I am going on a 5 day cruise to Bermuda in August and will be docked at King Wharfs from Monday at 10am to Tuesday at 5pm. There are many things I would like to do but do not know if I can fit them all into 1 1/2 days.

From reading other posts I know by bus it takes a half hour to get to Horseshoe Bay.

How far is it from Horseshoe Bay to Crystal/Fantasy Caves? By bus? ferry? taxi?

Can I walk to Swizzle Inn from the caves?

How far is it to Hamilton from Swizzle Inn? By bus? Ferry? taxi?

How far is it from Hamilton back to Kings Wharf dockyard? By bus? ferry? taxi?

How late do the buses/ferries run?

How far is it to St George Tobacco Bay? By bus? ferry? taxi?

Thanks in advance!

Here are links to the bus and ferry info:

http://www.bermuda.com/transportation/buses/

http://www.bermuda.com/transportation/ferries/

You can click on the Route links to see the info you want. Buy a two day transportation pass when you arrive at the transportation ticket center. If you are in good shape, you can walk to Tobacco Bay.

Archived