Changing Guarantee Balconys

We received our Guarantee Balcony assingment today (Upgraded to Two D-1's) and was wondering if anyone has ever changed cabins staying in the same category? We are thrilled that we received the upgrade, was just wondering if RCCL allows you to switch cabins so we are closer.

I changed a guarantee, just to get in on a price break. We wound up in a different cabin, but in the same general vicinity (same deck, same quadrant, same class of cabin). I think it depends on what's available. If you have a decent cabin, know that you could wind up somewhere totally different - maybe in a better location, maybe in a worse location. The "prime" cabins are usually selected >>> but then maybe all of this is changing with the economic situation! :eek:

As to when they're assigned, on one cruise it was about 35 days before sailing (maybe 4 weeks after I paid in full), and on others it has been assigned within 48 hours.

i can't answer your question but i was wondering how far away is your cruise. we also did a gaurantee and was wondering how soon we could possibly find out where the room is going to be

We booked this past weekend for AOS sailing in 69 days 6/21/2009. Gave us our cabin numbers in two days. Good Luck.

We had a balcony gty for our Radiance repositioning cruise next week and were originally assigned a port side cabin. We booked directly with RC and wanted a starboard side cabin as we were going north along coast of the Americas so I called RC and they did allow me to switch to a cabin in same category on the other side. They don't have to but will usually accommodate you especially if you have higher C&A status. We are both diamond in this respect. The agent did mention that the gty cabins were computer assigned.

IMO, if you get a non-helpful CVP just call back later with your request.

We had a balcony gty for our Radiance repositioning cruise next week and were originally assigned a port side cabin. We booked directly with RC and wanted a starboard side cabin as we were going north along coast of the Americas so I called RC and they did allow me to switch to a cabin in same category on the other side. They don't have to but will usually accommodate you especially if you have higher C&A status. We are both diamond in this respect. The agent did mention that the gty cabins were computer assigned.

IMO, if you get a non-helpful CVP just call back later with your request.

Thanks for the help. I called and got a very helpful person on the phone. He put us through to someone who could help us and that person changed our cabins so we are next to each other. I am a Diamond member, not sure if that helped with the change?

Archived