Wine or Cocktail Cards

Sunsetters

We will be going on the Carnival Freedom and were wondering if we can purchase wine cards like on HAL. Also what are the rules on bringing alcohol on board for Stateroom use only?? Any advice for first time cruisers is appreciated!!

I was looking for info on cards, like the soda cards but for wine. I guess Carnival does not have them. But I see they do offer DOD cards. HAL offers Wine Cards and they are a great deal for a glass of wine each card had 10 or 20 glasses on it and saved approx.40% per glass.

Thanks for the info on boarding with bottles.:D

Apparently Carnival now has a wine card. I believe someone posted a link. It is on Carnival's website. I think the cost was 5 bottles for either $104.00 or $150.00. They have two levels. I liked what I saw on the 104.00 price point. They had Korbel Champagne, Berringer white zin and a pinot grigio, as well as red wines.

Candi

If you order the five bottle wine package can you bring a bottle to the dinning room for dinner? If so what is the corking fee? We enjoy cocktail hour before dinner and would also have a bottle of wine with dinner so trying to find the most economical way to really enjoy!!!

If you order the five bottle wine package can you bring a bottle to the dinning room for dinner? If so what is the corking fee? We enjoy cocktail hour before dinner and would also have a bottle of wine with dinner so trying to find the most economical way to really enjoy!!!

If you order wine from Carnival they do not charge you a corking fee. They even traded our warm bottle with a cold one of the same brand.

Ooopss do you order the wine from the web site then? I am sooooo new to all of this!! Trying to find my way around!!

Here is the page of info you asked for.

Save up to 25% when you purchase a "Cruise the Vineyards" wine package.

Wines from around the world are featured in two packages that satisfy both the wine novice and the more adventurous wine consumer.

Cruise the Vineyards wine packages allow you to drink your favorite wine at a discounted price or to explore new wines from the wide assortment of wines offered in these packages. Packages feature wines from Italy, New Zealand, France, Australia and California.

Carnival Deluxe Package

5 Wines for $104.00: Save up to $31.00 off regular prices. 15% Gratuity will be added.

• Korbel, Brut

• Beringer White Zinfandel

• Robert Mondavi Private Selection Chardonnay

• Folonari Pinot Grigio

• Brancott Sauvignon Blanc

• Alban St. Pré Vouvray

• Rex Goliath Pinot Noir

• McGuigan Merlot

• Black Opal Shiraz

• Fetzer Cabernet Sauvignon

• George Duboeuf Beaujolais Village</SPAN>Carnival Premium Package

5 Wines for $150.00: Save up to $45.00 off regular prices. 15% Gratuity will be added.

• Domaine Chandon, Brut

• Santa Margarita Pinot Grigio

• Robert Mondavi Fume Blanc

• William Fevre Chablis

• Kendall Jackson Grand Reserve Chardonnay

• Jekel Pinot Noir

• Rutherford Hill Merlot

• Wolf Blass President Select Shiraz

• Sebastiani Cabernet Sauvignon

• Castillo D’Albola Chianti Classico ReservaTo purchase a "Cruise the Vineyards" wine package during your cruise,

visit the Formalities Shop or ask your Dining Room waiter.

seems like there are some perfectly drinkable wines on the packages...we aren't wine snobs....and i can find at least a few good options...so i think we shall get one on our Nov CCL cruise....

We were on the Spirit week before last with a group of 26 friends and several of us bought the $150 wine packages which worked out very well. They give you a card that has 5 tear-off things with all the wines listed on the back, you mark which one you want that night and they bring it right away, open and you're good to go, no buying a bottle each nite, no corkage, etc. We'll do that again on our October cruise on the Splendor.

Archived